Author Topic: DeSantis says Disney lawsuit is political  (Read 330 times)

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis says Disney lawsuit is political
« on: April 27, 2023, 11:51:01 am »
DeSantis says Disney lawsuit is political

By Associated Press
April 27, 2023

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Thursday shrugged off Disney’s lawsuit against him as politically motivated, and that it was time for the iconic company to stop enjoying favorable treatment in his state.

Disney sued DeSantis on Wednesday over the Republican’s appointment of a board of supervisors in its self-governed theme park district, alleging the governor waged a “targeted campaign of government retaliation” after the company opposed a law critics call, “Don’t Say Gay.”

The legal filing is the latest salvo in a more than year-old feud between Disney and DeSantis that has engulfed the governor in criticism as he prepares to launch an expected 2024 presidential bid.

“They’re upset because they’re having to live by the same rules as everybody else. They don’t want to pay the same taxes as everybody else and they want to be able to control things without proper oversight,” DeSantis said during a visit to Israel.

“The days of putting one company on a pedestal with no accountability are over in the state of Florida.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/27/florida-gov-ron-desantis-says-disney-lawsuit-is-political/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: DeSantis says Disney lawsuit is political
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 11:57:48 am »
I hate giving MSNBC any traffic. 

Talk about a contradictory bitch.

But..... 

Remember that little bit during the primaires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pTxVvPUt4E
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 12:01:25 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 11:58:45 am »
Anyone have a clip of woke Nikki Haley throwing out that olive branch to Disney to come to SC?

Remember that little bit during the primaires.

Exactly.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 12:21:08 pm »
This one goes right over the head us guys, we are clueless, but my wife asked me to share this....  Something about what woman would wear this to her daughter's wedding.....  Comments from the ladies?

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 12:53:27 pm »
Of course it's political. Disney hates him because he is holding them to the same standards as everyone should be.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.