Author Topic: NOAA Proposes Allowing The Harassment Of Vanishing Right Whales For Big Wind  (Read 103 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY DAVID WOJICK, PH.D. ON APR 26, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

NOAA Proposes Allowing The Harassment Of Vanishing Right Whales For Big Wind

stranded right whale…NOAA is proposing, for offshore wind development, to authorize a horrific 706 cases of physical harassment of Right Whales, whose dwindling population is down to just 340 magnificent critters.

The average whale will get hammered roughly twice. [emphasis, links added]

The Right Whales migrate along the coast twice a year. Migration requires repeatedly running a gauntlet of dangerous offshore wind projects. Most likely some whales will be hit many times.

The harassment numbers for each proposed project are listed below. There are eight full-scale construction projects and six blasting sonar site survey efforts.

Many are off of New Jersey’s coast.

Harassment in this case means subjecting a whale to unsafe levels of very loud noise.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/noaa-proposes-allowing-the-harassment-of-vanishing-right-whales-for-big-wind/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson