Author Topic: The Renewable Capital Cost Green Trick  (Read 120 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Renewable Capital Cost Green Trick
« on: April 27, 2023, 10:03:59 am »
12 hours ago Guest Blogger 22 Comments
Douglas Pollock

(On Linnea Lueken’s article “Right, OilPrice.com, Wind Power is Unprofitable”).

In her excellent and clarifying article in WUWT, Linnea Lueken states: “…renewables advocates frequently cite the claim that wind power (…) is cheaper than fossil fuels, but the reality is different.” Then she continues explaining the cost of backup generation or the need of a thermal generation source forced to operate inefficiently to ensure grid stability, using an increasing fraction of its capacity to keep pace with weather-dependent renewables at all times, and even doing nothing but to burn fuel at rotating reserve without generating electricity, waiting there to wake up (ramp up) when the sun or wind decide to go away.

But there is still more, there is a very well hidden green trick.

Renewables advocates (the same doomsday mantra preachers on man-made climate change) are very smart when using the renewable investment cost premise which —they claim—have dramatically dropped in the last decade, trying to prove with this an alleged reduction in electricity prices. Sorry, but they are right on this, yet only in the premise, because the renewable industry has moved to China due to Western high costs of energy, among other beauties, having caused in this industry a sharp reduction in manufacturing costs. However, they are grossly wrong in the conclusion for the system or grid electricity cost inevitably increases as the renewable penetration expands.

The trick.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/04/26/the-renewable-capital-cost-green-trick/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson