Author Topic: Biden Administration Paves Way for Confucius Institute Affiliate Schools to Receive Federal Funding  (Read 310 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Administration Paves Way for Confucius Institute Affiliate Schools to Receive Federal Funding
Waiver program lets colleges who host Confucius Institute chapters circumvent a ban on receiving federal funds

Adam Kredo
April 26, 2023

The Biden administration is quietly helping American universities that host China's Confucius Institute on their campuses circumvent a ban on receiving federal funds.

The Defense Department in late March announced that it would grant waivers to allow schools to host chapters of the Confucius Institute, a Chinese Communist Party-backed program that Beijing uses to peddle influence and steal intellectual property from American universities. The department’s waiver program is a response to the 2021 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which barred American colleges and universities from receiving federal dollars if they maintain Confucius Institute chapters.

Lawmakers say the Defense Department is subverting federal law.

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/biden-administration-paves-way-for-federal-funding-of-campus-confucius-institutes/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 05:16:51 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I didn't vote for the old goat!!! **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Offline MajorClay

Online DefiantMassRINO

Is this how they will launder the tribute being paid to the Chi-coms to not invade Taiwan?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Can you say "Kick  backs",boys  and girls?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!