Author Topic: Days from Retirement, Hinote Warns That Air Force Modernization ‘Could Come Off the Rails’  (Read 78 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Days from Retirement, Hinote Warns That Air Force Modernization ‘Could Come Off the Rails’
April 26, 2023 | By John A. Tirpak

Until the Air Force can make the changes it wants in the fiscal 2024 budget and beyond, it isn’t a force “that wins,” Air Force Futures director Lt. Gen. S. Clinton Hinote warned the Senate Armed Services airland subcommittee—and without action, the service’s hoped-for transformation could “fall off the rails.” 

Hinote, presenting his final testimony in Congress before capping a 35-year career, said the Air Force is at an inflection point and must break from prioritizing “fight tonight” forces to invest in future capabilities. Until that happens, USAF risks losing a peer fight, he said.

In the April 26 hearing, Hinote said he feels a “sense of urgency to push the changes that we need.”

“For too long, we have privileged current risk at the expense of future risk,” Hinote said, adding that too often that future risk is treated as theoretical, rather than a hard-nosed appraisal of the threat.

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/retirement-hinote-air-force-modernization/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It wouldn't seem the general is overly optimistic about the Air Force future. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson