Author Topic: US to deploy nuclear submarines to South Korea to deter North Korean threats  (Read 100 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US to deploy nuclear submarines to South Korea to deter North Korean threats
The Virginia-class nuclear submarine USS John Warner. (U.S. NAVY)
APRIL 26, 2023 LIZ LAWRENCE

The United States will send nuclear-armed submarines to South Korea for the first time in over 40 years, President Joe Biden said on Wednesday. The announcement comes amid growing concerns over North Korean nuclear threats.

During a joint news conference at the White House, Biden and South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol announced new efforts to deter North Korean aggression, including “port visits of nuclear submarines.”

“The alliance formed in war and has flourished in peace,” Biden said. “Our mutual defense treaty is iron clad and that includes our commitment to extend a deterrence – and that includes the nuclear threat, the nuclear deterrent.”

North Korea recently threatened “offensive action” over military exercises conducted by the United States and South Korea.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2023/04/us-to-deploy-nuclear-submarines-to-south-korea-to-deter-north-korean-threats/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I would expect a proper "response" to be China deploying a sub or two to North Korea...