Author Topic: E. Jean Carroll chokes up when describing alleged rape by Trump: ‘I can still feel’ pain  (Read 1656 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 nypost.com
E. Jean Carroll chokes up when describing alleged rape by Trump: ‘I can still feel’ pain
Priscilla DeGregory
5–6 minutes

E. Jean Carroll testified she can “still feel” the pain, choking up in Manhattan federal court on Wednesday as she recounted Donald Trump allegedly raping her in a Bergdorf Goodman fitting room nearly three decades ago.

Carroll’s voice broke as she told jurors she always wondered “why I walked in” to the department store changing room — where she alleged Trump “shoved” and pinned her against a wall, pulled her tights down and forced his fingers inside her before raping her.

“As I am sitting here today, I can still feel” the pain, Carroll, 79, testified.

“I always think back to why I walked in there,” Carroll said, as her voice broke, “to get myself in that situation.”

The former journalist took the stand on the second day of trial in her lawsuit accusing Trump, 76, of raping her in the spring of 1996 and then defaming her when he denied her claims decades later.

The former president was not in court for her testimony and also did not attend the start of the proceedings on Tuesday.

Carroll described how she ran into the real estate mogul at the Fifth Avenue store — which was across from Trump Tower.

The pair began “flirting” and bantering, she claimed.

Trump asked Carroll, then 52, to help him find a gift for a woman, which “delighted” Carroll — who as the advice columnist of Elle magazine’s “Ask E. Jean” loved the prospect of giving the prominent New York City personality advice on a present.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/04/26/e-jean-carroll-choked-during-testimony-of-alleged-trump-rape/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Trump may be a whore dog but  he has standards.  I say it never happened.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

She is so full of sh*t.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
This lady is a full on nutcase. You should watch her batshit interview with Anderson Cooper.

Offline mountaineer

She can't even remember when the "assault" allegedly happened. I'm guessing she's a liar - and a very lousy one, at that.
Rosie Memos
@almostjingo
Jean Carroll “can’t recall” what year, month or day she was allegedly raped. You know why? Because it strips Trump of the ability to prove his whereabouts on the alleged day. He can’t even properly defend himself, it’s disgusting.
5:53 PM · Apr 26, 2023
Seriously, what victim of actual rape couldn't remember the year in which it happened?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 10:36:15 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Anyone who is raped deserves for their rapist to be punished.  I would never advocate otherwise.

This happened in 1996. 27 years ago.  I question as to why she never came forward sooner.  Was she threatened or paid not to come forward??? Doubtful and the article doesn't indicate that she was.

Shock, shame, guilt may have prevented her from testifying or reporting the incident, but the fact that she waited nearly three decades is suspicious.  How does one prove a rape happened that long ago? 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 10:21:11 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Maybe he raped her. Maybe he didn’t

But good God, her accusation is from almost 30 years ago and no one can defend themselves when someone comes out after so much time has passed
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Anyone who is raped deserves for their rapist to be punished.  I would never advocate otherwise.

This happened in 1996. 27 years ago.  I would think that if this were true should we have come forward long ago. Certainly, while he was running the first time around.  Was she threatened or paid not to come forward??? Doubtful.

:thumbsup:
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
She also believes rape is erotic or something like that...

Offline LMAO

This happened in 1996. 27 years ago.  I question as to why she never came forward sooner.  Was she threatened or paid not to come forward??? Doubtful and the article doesn't indicate that she was.

Shock, shame, guilt may have prevented her from testifying or reporting the incident, but the fact that she waited nearly three decades is suspicious.  How does one prove a rape happened that long ago?

I agree with you. It is hard to prove a rape that happened 30 years ago. One of the reasons why she may not have gone to anybody at the time was because Donald Trump is a rich and powerful famous person. I’m not saying a rape happened. I’m just saying that if it did happen, that’s probably the reason she didn’t report it at the time

She’s suing Trump for defamation of character. What did he say and doesn’t she have to show how his defaming her character caused some kind of harm? What are her chances of winning?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

There’s a Remarkable Piece of Evidence in the E. Jean Carroll Trial

For a moment there, it was going to be the turning point of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign. Published one month before the 2016 election, at the exact right time to land a fatal blow on a candidacy that looked doomed, the 2005 video that has come to be known as the Access Hollywood tape contained what seemed like a disqualifying soundbite for any future politician: “When you’re a star, they let you do it … Grab them by the bleep. You can do anything.”

This week—with the start of the civil trial stemming from the rape case E. Jean Carroll filed against Trump—that video will become newly relevant to the GOP’s once and future lodestar.

That’s because last month, the federal judge presiding over the trial ruled that Carroll’s legal team could include the Access Hollywood tape as evidence to support her claim that Trump raped her in a Bergdorf Goodman dressing room in the mid-1990s. Evidence of a defendant’s general propensity for doing something is not usually admissible as proof that they committed a distinct act, but the judge decided that Carroll’s case falls within a federal exception to that norm: In civil cases “based on” an alleged sexual assault, the plaintiff can provide evidence that the defendant committed any other sexual assault.

And the Access Hollywood video can be read as exactly that kind of evidence, the judge ruled.

“A jury reasonably could find … that Mr. Trump admitted in the Access Hollywood tape that he in fact has had contact with women’s genitalia in the past without their consent, or that he has attempted to do so,” he wrote in his opinion allowing the tape as evidence............

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/04/e-jean-carroll-donald-trump-rape-trial-access-hollywood-tape.html

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

For a moment there, it was going to be the turning point of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign. Published one month before the 2016 election, at the exact right time to land a fatal blow on a candidacy that looked doomed, the 2005 video that has come to be known as the Access Hollywood tape contained what seemed like a disqualifying soundbite for any future politician: “When you’re a star, they let you do it … Grab them by the bleep. You can do anything.”

This week—with the start of the civil trial stemming from the rape case E. Jean Carroll filed against Trump—that video will become newly relevant to the GOP’s once and future lodestar.

That’s because last month, the federal judge presiding over the trial ruled that Carroll’s legal team could include the Access Hollywood tape as evidence to support her claim that Trump raped her in a Bergdorf Goodman dressing room in the mid-1990s. Evidence of a defendant’s general propensity for doing something is not usually admissible as proof that they committed a distinct act, but the judge decided that Carroll’s case falls within a federal exception to that norm: In civil cases “based on” an alleged sexual assault, the plaintiff can provide evidence that the defendant committed any other sexual assault.

And the Access Hollywood video can be read as exactly that kind of evidence, the judge ruled.

“A jury reasonably could find … that Mr. Trump admitted in the Access Hollywood tape that he in fact has had contact with women’s genitalia in the past without their consent, or that he has attempted to do so,” he wrote in his opinion allowing the tape as evidence............

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/04/e-jean-carroll-donald-trump-rape-trial-access-hollywood-tape.html

I predicted that they would use that Access Hollywood tape in this trial. If I was on her legal team, I would

Barry Goldwater

Offline berdie

This is so wrong on so many levels I can't even comprehend it.

Was it a stupid statement...yes. But as far as I know, there is no proof that Trump actually did anything like that. It has nothing to do with this woman's allegations.

I have serious doubts about this woman's allegations. I think (as stated upthread) one would remember at the very least the year and month of an attack . She sounds very much like the woman at Kavanaugh's hearing. I wonder if she uses her "little girl voice".

Offline Kamaji

Admission of the Hollywood Access tape would, under most circumstances, constitute error.  It is an admission against interest, and therefore qualifies for the hearsay exception; however, it is unduly inflammatory and does not constitute a pattern of conduct, so it should, IMHO, not have been admitted.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

This is so wrong on so many levels I can't even comprehend it.

Was it a stupid statement...yes. But as far as I know, there is no proof that Trump actually did anything like that. It has nothing to do with this woman's allegations.

I have serious doubts about this woman's allegations. I think (as stated upthread) one would remember at the very least the year and month of an attack . She sounds very much like the woman at Kavanaugh's hearing. I wonder if she uses her "little girl voice".

Yeah. It would take a reasonable jury about two seconds to find this is a crock.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

Admission of the Hollywood Access tape would, under most circumstances, constitute error.  It is an admission against interest, and therefore qualifies for the hearsay exception; however, it is unduly inflammatory and does not constitute a pattern of conduct, so it should, IMHO, not have been admitted.

But wasn't it accepted as evidence before??? 

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She also believes rape is erotic or something like that...

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Only if you are a sadist.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

But wasn't it accepted as evidence before??? 

In the context, it’s not sufficiently probative of whether he committed the act she’s suing him for, and it is definitely inflammatory, so it should have been excluded. 

Offline berdie

In the context, it’s not sufficiently probative of whether he committed the act she’s suing him for, and it is definitely inflammatory, so it should have been excluded.

I guess that's what I'm having a problem with. I sat on a jury that was a murder trial. We were denied knowledge of the accused's past proven history. It was relevant but we didn't know it until after the trial. Of course, this knowledge might have swayed the verdict. It would have definitely swayed the sentencing phase.

But from what I have read, Trump only said words. No previous conviction. This judge is on a witch hunt and this particular bit of verbal nonsense has no place.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 E. Jean Carroll snaps at Donald Trump’s lawyer when grilled about not screaming during alleged rape
By Priscilla DeGregory   
April 27, 2023 2:31pm

E. Jean Carroll snapped at Donald Trump’s lawyer Thursday during questioning about why she didn’t scream when she was allegedly raped by the former president in a department store dressing room.

In her second day on the witness stand in a civil rape trial against Trump in Manhattan federal court — where Trump has chosen not to attend — an agitated Carroll explained, “I’m telling you, he raped me whether I screamed or not!”

The tense exchange unfolded as Trump lawyer Joe Tacopina tried to poke holes in Carroll’s account of the alleged 1996 attack in a Bergdorf Goodman fitting room asking, “you never screamed for help?”

“You can’t beat up on me for not screaming,” Carroll told Tacopina. “One of the reasons women don’t come forward is because they are always asked why they didn’t scream.”

At one point during the bitter exchange, Carroll said if she was lying about the alleged rape she would have come up with a better story that included her screaming for help.

“More people would have believed me,” she said.

Carroll said she didn’t cry out for help during the alleged assault because she was in shock and because she was focused on trying to get Trump off of her.

“I’m not a screamer,” Carroll said. “I was too much in a panic to scream. I was fighting.”

Tacopina attempted to show that Carroll’s story was unbelievable when he asked her about wearing four-inch heels during the alleged incident and finally getting her knee high enough to get Trump off of her.

“I can dance backwards and forwards in four-inch heels,” Carroll retorted.

Trump has chosen not to attend the trial.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/04/27/e-jean-carroll-testifies-about-online-hate-after-trumps-posts/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She is nothing more than a huckster.

Offline Kamaji

I guess that's what I'm having a problem with. I sat on a jury that was a murder trial. We were denied knowledge of the accused's past proven history. It was relevant but we didn't know it until after the trial. Of course, this knowledge might have swayed the verdict. It would have definitely swayed the sentencing phase.

But from what I have read, Trump only said words. No previous conviction. This judge is on a witch hunt and this particular bit of verbal nonsense has no place.

The thing is, prior conduct is not necessarily a very good indicator for whether an individual did the acts he's accused of in a particular situation.  The rules of evidence are designed to prevent a person from being treated as having engaged in a certain act simply because he/she may have committed a similar act at a prior time.  The general rule is a rule regarding character evidence, and the federal rules of evidence version is in Rule 404.  it's also known as prior bad acts evidence.  If one wants to get the evidence admitted, one has to come up with a valid reason for the evidence other than that it might tend to prove that the accused acted in conformity with it.

There's a discussion of the rule here:  https://www.lexipol.com/resources/blog/child-molesting-grandpas-phone-admissible/

Offline mountaineer

NEWSMAX
@NEWSMAX
·
3m
Journalist E. Jean Carroll, who has accused former President Donald Trump of sexually assaulting her in the mid-1990s, admitted to sexually harassing the late Roger Ailes.

https://twitter.com/NEWSMAX/status/1652080260786298880
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
NEWSMAX
@NEWSMAX
·
3m
Journalist E. Jean Carroll, who has accused former President Donald Trump of sexually assaulting her in the mid-1990s, admitted to sexually harassing the late Roger Ailes.

https://twitter.com/NEWSMAX/status/1652080260786298880

Well that really really helps her credibilty.