Author Topic: Here’s what NYC minimum wage would rise to under budget deal  (Read 425 times)

Offline Kamaji

Here’s what NYC minimum wage would rise to under budget deal

By Zach Williams and
Carl Campanile   
April 25, 2023

ALBANY – The hourly minimum wage for the New York City area would rise from $15 to $16 next year — and to $17 by 2026 — under a tentative budget deal, Gov. Kathy Hochul said Tuesday.

“New Yorkers are struggling, and we have to raise wages so they can pay their bills pay their rent, pay their utility bills pay for food for their kids,” Hochul told reporters at the Capitol.

“I support raising the wage along the lines that we’re talking about,” she added in her first public appearance on the late budget in 11 days.

The emerging deal would raise the minimum wage by $1 in New York City, Long Island, and Westchester County by Jan. 1, 2024, with 50-cent increases each year until 2026.

That is a bigger increase than what Hochul sought in the draft budget she unveiled Feb. 1, which only called for increases to be pegged to inflation.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/25/heres-what-nyc-minimum-wage-would-rise-to-under-budget-deal/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Here’s what NYC minimum wage would rise to under budget deal
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 03:26:13 pm »
Idiots.

Then they'll prance around wondering why so many people are out of work.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 07:03:16 pm »
Idiots.

Then they'll prance around wondering why so many people are out of work.
Or whine a out their higher taxes and higher prices at the grocery store and favorite fast food local.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 07:09:11 pm »
That $30 ham and cheese sandwich will now be $40.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 07:18:10 pm »
Or whine a out their higher taxes and higher prices at the grocery store and favorite fast food local.

Exactly.  I can hear it now:  "Oh, the cost of living is so high in this city; it must be the fault of those evil capitalist grocery-store owners and landlords."  Or some such stupidity.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 11:25:28 pm »
This is the ugly circle of inflation

Dollar weakens due to devaluation of the currency. The resulting hire prices inspire workers to demand higher wages due to the higher cost of living. Employers have to raise the price of goods and services to accommodate those wage increases which inspires workers to demand higher wages to pay for the higher cost of living which…..

At the heart of this is our unsustainable debt. Which is why conservatives are all in on fiscal policy
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy