Author Topic: San Fran drops charges against crowbar attacker  (Read 156 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
San Fran drops charges against crowbar attacker
« on: April 26, 2023, 03:19:06 pm »
San Fran drops charges against crowbar attacker
Jazz Shaw 9:21 AM on April 26, 2023

Earlier this month, former San Francisco Fire Commissioner Don Carmignani was attacked by a homeless person with a crowbar. The attacker, Garrett Doty, was one of a group of vagrants who had been blocking Carmignani’s mother’s driveway and acting in a threatening fashion. The attack sent the former fire chief to the hospital for emergency surgery with a hole in the back of his skull. He also had a broken jaw and required fifty stitches. This looked like a fairly open-and-shut case, but last night the San Fran District Attorney’s office suddenly dropped the charges against Doty and dismissed the case. How is this happening in a major American city? (NY Post)

San Francisco prosecutors have decided not to charge the transient accused of repeatedly bashing the city’s former fire commissioner in the skull with a crowbar — even after obtaining video of the man taking practice swings moments before the attack.

The District Attorney’s Office dropped the case against Don Carmignani’s alleged assailant Garrett Doty after deciding the homeless man was acting in “self-defense,” sources close to Carmignani told The Post Tuesday night.

Prosecutors heeded Doty’s arguments and ruled that the attack was not senseless — they said Carmignani instead instigated the vicious assault after deploying pepper spray on the homeless man who lived outside his mother’s property in the city’s affluent Marina District.

This is incredible. It’s not as if this was some sort of he said, he said situation. The entire incident was caught on security camera video. Doty was seen fishing the crowbar out of a trash can and taking practice swings with it before he was even approached.

more
https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/04/26/san-fran-drops-charges-against-crowbar-attacker-n546376
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: San Fran drops charges against crowbar attacker
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 03:33:22 pm »
The sooner California is at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean the better I will like it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien