Author Topic: UN WMO Hits the Climate Change Panic Button  (Read 136 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UN WMO Hits the Climate Change Panic Button
« on: April 26, 2023, 11:12:06 am »
UN WMO Hits the Climate Change Panic Button
14 hours ago Eric Worrall 55 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

From mountain peaks to ocean depths, climate change continued its advance in 2022, … Droughts, floods and heatwaves affected … every continent … Antarctic sea ice fell to its lowest extent .. melting … European glaciers …

WMO annual report highlights continuous advance of climate change

Climate
Publicado
21 April 2023
Press Release Number:

Geneva, 21 April 2023 (WMO) – From mountain peaks to ocean depths, climate change continued its advance in 2022, according to the annual report from the World Meteorological Organization (WMO). Droughts, floods and heatwaves affected communities on every continent and cost many billions of dollars. Antarctic sea ice fell to its lowest extent on record and the melting of some European glaciers was, literally, off the charts.

The State of the Global Climate 2022 shows the planetary scale changes on land, in the ocean and in the atmosphere caused by record levels of heat-trapping greenhouse gases. For global temperature, the years 2015-2022 were the eight warmest on record despite the cooling impact of a La Niña event for the past three years. Melting of glaciers and sea level rise – which again reached record levels in 2022 – will continue to up to thousands of years.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/04/25/un-wmo-hits-the-climate-change-panic-button/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: UN WMO Hits the Climate Change Panic Button
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 11:16:06 am »
The world needs a leader like Jim Jones to solve this anthropogenic global warming problem! :pigs fly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson