General Category > Elections 2024

Florida legislature to consider proposal that would allow DeSantis to launch 2024 bid

(1/3) > >>

corbe:
Florida legislature to consider proposal that would allow DeSantis to launch 2024 bid

by Brady Knox, Breaking News Reporter 
April 25, 2023 05:59 PM

Florida's legislature is set to consider an amendment Wednesday that would clear the way for Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) to run for president in 2024.

The proposed amendment, introduced Tuesday by state GOP Sen. Travis Hutson, seeks to clarify that the state's existing "resign to run" law does not apply to people seeking to run for president or vice president. The move is the latest in a series of steps that appear to show the Florida governor is inching closer to an announcement of his candidacy.

The law currently states that elected officials must resign from their state office if seeking to run for a federal office, which would force DeSantis to resign from his governor's position if he throws his hat into the ring for 2024. Hutson said he proposed the amendment to ensure DeSantis could return to his position should he not secure the GOP nomination, according to NBC News.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/florida-legislature-desantis-2024-bid

corbe:
  Good Development.

libertybele:
Maybe I am missing something but with there being no debates, I think it would be absolutely foolish for DeSantis to waste his time and money.  Trump already beat him out of the starting gates awhile ago by launching attack ads against him. 

Whoever has the most money to run ads and whoever has the money to sway the networks will be the nominee.

How if the networks refuse to run the ads??

LMAO:

--- Quote from: corbe on April 25, 2023, 10:29:41 pm ---  Good Development.

--- End quote ---

But I would not enter the 2024 race if I was DeSantis or any other Republican. Democrats are uniting behind Brandon and we are divided. Maybe Trump losing a 4th time might put the final nail in his coffin

corbe:
   It'll be the MATCH of the CENTURY ~ Reality vs Reality TV Star.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version