Author Topic: ‘NO!’ Trump Signals He Will Refuse to Partake in Republican Debates:  (Read 6523 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: ‘NO!’ Trump Signals He Will Refuse to Partake in Republican Debates:
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2023, 03:30:12 pm »
There is no sense in debating who the moderators should be because it doesn’t matter.

Bottom line… Trump does not want to be ask any questions that would seriously challenge him. At his rallies, his followers just listen to what he has to say, and clap without question. He wouldn’t have that luxury on a debate stage. When his supporters here refuse to answer any questions, there’s not
a price to pay. He can’t do that on a debate stage, and thats what worries him

He has a history of becoming very hostile, many times personal, whenever he’s challenged. Think Megyn Kelly and Carly Fiorina.

Nikki Haley is acting more manly, and adult, than Donald Trump

He doesn't want to have to answer for Hilary not being locked up...Obamacare still being in place and profligate spending.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2023, 03:30:41 pm »
There is no sense in debating who the moderators should be because it doesn’t matter.

Bottom line… Trump does not want to be ask any questions that would seriously challenge him.

At some point Trump has to answer the  question around the asinine Freedom Cities, and how they will be funded.  GOP voters deserve that, no matter what. 

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2023, 03:37:05 pm »
   Ronna is probably asking all debate participants to support the eventual GOP nominee and not run 3rd party.  That is something Trump is not willing to do.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2023, 03:40:28 pm »
   Ronna is probably asking all debate participants to support the eventual GOP nominee and not run 3rd party.  That is something Trump is not willing to do.

At that's the rub.  I'd bet money Trump would declare 3rd party if he is not granted the nomination.  I really think he needs to be cornered on that matter early on in the debates to establish something that he values so greatly......"Loyalty"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2023, 03:41:21 pm »
At that's the rub.  I'd bet money Trump would declare 3rd party if he is not granted the nomination.  I really think he needs to be cornered on that matter early on in the debates to establish something that he values so greatly......"Loyalty"

Loyalty is a one-way street for Trump.  He won't show an ounce of loyalty to anyone else, no matter how much loyalty that person has shown him.

Offline corbe

« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2023, 03:50:41 pm »
Ronna McDaniel predicts Trump won’t boycott GOP debates: 'He did very well' in 2016

by Ryan King, Breaking Politics Reporter 
April 26, 2023 11:20 AM

Former President Donald Trump will participate in the GOP presidential debates despite bashing them publicly, Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel predicted.

"I think he'll do it. President Trump never shies away from a debate, and he did very well on the debate stage in 2020 as well as 2016," McDaniel told Fox and Friends on Wednesday.

"He does. ... He skipped ours in 2016," co-host Brian Kilmeade interjected.

"He did. He skipped one. But you know, he was on the center of the debate stage in 2016, and he never left it, so we'll see what happens. But we are talking to the campaigns and the candidates," McDaniel replied.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/ronna-mcdaniel-predicts-trump-wont-boycott-debates

He also refused Cruz's mano-mano debate offer, Lincoln~Douglas style.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2023, 04:02:00 pm »
An article in American Thinker posed the thought that Trump may debate, and saying no now as a negotiation tactic.
A way to get better moderators, venues, format, etc...
Guess we shall see....
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 04:03:16 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2023, 04:04:20 pm »
An article in American Thinker posed the thought that Trump may debate, and saying no now as a negotiation tactic.
Guess we shall see....

Agree.  Trump can only lose by not defending himself.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2023, 05:04:13 pm »
At some point Trump has to answer the  question around the asinine Freedom Cities, and how they will be funded.  GOP voters deserve that, no matter what.

Not just that but his baby bonuses and all of his spending, including his absolute refusal to address the entitlement time bomb

For a guy who can’t wait to expose Ron DeSantis record, he sure is working overtime to keep him out of the primary. Because he knows record debt cannot beat record surplus
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2023, 05:49:51 pm »
Not just that but his baby bonuses and all of his spending, including his absolute refusal to address the entitlement time bomb

For a guy who can’t wait to expose Ron DeSantis record, he sure is working overtime to keep him out of the primary. Because he knows record debt cannot beat record surplus

That is what is close to the truth... The only way to pull off any con is to control the narrative. Carefully. Debates offer one 'gotcha' after another, right in front of everybody, with precious little time to spin (or un-spin) anything.

The thing that matters here in determining his motive is that in part his complaint is legit - because the press is sure to spin the questions and control the narrative too - One pile of bullshit against another, in a microcosm of every social media style-tag on display... and nothing to do with truth.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2023, 05:53:07 pm »
Guess we shall see....

That is a fair thought - though the debate teams have a reasonable input into the venue anyway. The 'how it goes down' is part of participation agreements.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2023, 09:17:28 pm »
I think choosing debate moderators for the general election is critical. Biased moderators can help swing an election simply by what questions they choose to ask or not ask.  And generally, the moderators chose by the Commission on Presidential Debates lean left and end up screwing over the Republican.  I remember the 2012 debate between Romney and Obama where Candy Crowley openly took Obama's side regarding the attack on the consulate in Benghazi.

However, these aren't the general election debates run by the CPD.  These are the primary debates run by the RNC, the chairman of whom is someone Trump likes and supports. So the idea that the people organizing the debates are out to destroy Trump is ridiculous.

I remember that from 2012. She had no business injecting herself in that debate and to top it off, she discovered that Romney was right

Bring the front runner, Trump should expect that the other candidates will target him more aggressively. Been that way for as far back as I remember

In summary, Trump is being a baby, here
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2023, 09:25:26 pm »
We get it @LMAO you don't like Trump.

It’s not a matter of liking or not liking. I don’t know him personally to judge. I know someone who company did security for him in Florida I think before his 2016 run and said he was decent to them. But, I find him very thin skinned

But, the dominant reason why he’s not my cup of tea is I favor a more limited federal government and some budgetary discipline and Trump fails immensely on both.

Is RDS the right candidate? Maybe. His record in Congress suggests he would be far superior to Trump on fiscal matters and entitlements. But I want the ability and the right to hear what a DeSantis administration would look like without Trump’s rants in the background
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 11:04:11 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2023, 09:43:02 pm »
BIG mistake.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2023, 09:46:46 pm »
If the RNC moves forward with their selected moderators, I'd look for Trump to challenge his nearest competitor to a series of Lincoln-Douglas style debates ----

@Right_in_Virginia

That would work.

He knows that if he agrees to general debates put on my corporate tv that he will be rat packed by the moderator as well as the other candidates.

Still,he needs to participate in them,and just respond to any  attacks on him with  short sentences outlining the hypocrisy  of the moderator and the other candidates.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2023, 09:52:36 pm »
If you stop "early voting" and mandate photo ID for 2024, Donald Trump could run as 3rd Party Independent and win in a rout.

YOU know it!  I know it!

Don't understand why nobody is talking about it [bold] now.

@DCPatriot

Nobody  is talking about it because they want this to happen,and that IS EXACTLY what could very well happen.

There is more than money at stake here,there is also generational privilege at risk of being lost by "power families".

Offline libertybele

« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2023, 09:55:30 pm »
Ronna McDaniel predicts Trump won’t boycott GOP debates: 'He did very well' in 2016

by Ryan King, Breaking Politics Reporter 
April 26, 2023 11:20 AM

Former President Donald Trump will participate in the GOP presidential debates despite bashing them publicly, Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel predicted.

"I think he'll do it. President Trump never shies away from a debate, and he did very well on the debate stage in 2020 as well as 2016," McDaniel told Fox and Friends on Wednesday.

"He does. ... He skipped ours in 2016," co-host Brian Kilmeade interjected.

"He did. He skipped one. But you know, he was on the center of the debate stage in 2016, and he never left it, so we'll see what happens. But we are talking to the campaigns and the candidates," McDaniel replied.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/ronna-mcdaniel-predicts-trump-wont-boycott-debates

He also refused Cruz's mano-mano debate offer, Lincoln~Douglas style.

Cruz would have demolished him and Trump knew it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2023, 09:57:43 pm »
Cruz would have demolished him and Trump knew it.

@libertybele

Ted Cruz is probably the smartest man in the US Senate,but he is NOT going to run for president because he doesn't want the "homo thing" to be made public,and he KNOWS he would be outed if he ran.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2023, 10:00:46 pm »
Donald Trump could run as 3rd Party Independent and win in a rout.

YOU know it!  I know it!

I don't believe that at all @DCPatriot . He is very divisive in the Republicans alone. He is outright hated by Democrats. And independents, if polls can be believed, don't go for him either.

So all he can serve as in a third party is as a spoiler, splitting the right even further, and causing the Democrats to win it in a walk.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2023, 10:02:16 pm »
@libertybele

Ted Cruz is probably the smartest man in the US Senate,but he is NOT going to run for president because he doesn't want the "homo thing" to be made public,and he KNOWS he would be outed if he ran.

Bullshit.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2023, 10:03:07 pm »
@libertybele

Homo thing ???? Do you just make up crappola as you go along???

I made no mention of Cruz running against Trump again.  In fact Cruz made comment quite awhile ago that if Trump ran he would not oppose him.

Yes, we all know the Orange man is rude.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2023, 10:10:49 pm »
LOL... Like Trump won't show up to an opportunity to go on national TV... He's ego won't let him skip that. All the noise about it is just noise.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2023, 10:22:18 pm »
@libertybele

Page taken from the liberal's handbook, repeat a lie enough that someone stupid will believe it. There is a reason nobody here gives this bullshoe credence. 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 10:23:48 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2023, 10:25:03 pm »
In a Republican primary "debate", Mr. Trump would be "everyone else's target". The debate's theme -- and it's ONLY theme -- would be attacking him.

Folks pretty much either know right now whether or not they want Mr. Trump to run again.

I do.

Don' need no "debates"...

(What we DO need is a debate as to who would make the best vice-presidential candidate. Might be Mr. Rand. Might be Mr. Ramaswamy. Might even be Mr. Carlson...)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2023, 10:30:50 pm »
Bullshit.

@roamer_1

Really?

Then why hasn't he ran before?

Maybe you could ask his "condo roomie"?