Author Topic: ‘NO!’ Trump Signals He Will Refuse to Partake in Republican Debates:  (Read 6489 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: ‘NO!’ Trump Signals He Will Refuse to Partake in Republican Debates:
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2023, 02:08:27 pm »
Can you be specific? What are  finding what I said pretzel logic? I’ve never had a problem with republican candidates facing hostile moderators, because if they’re elected, they’re gonna face the same hostile media.
Is it your position that Trump should only have to face very friendly moderators?

In Trump’s history is that any  questions he doesn’t like he will deem as hostile. The Megyn Kelly question from 2016 was a perfect example.

Gladly! Everyone here has vilified debate mods in the past and rightly so. Now someone is saying ENOUGH and you are vilifying him. Because it is Trump. No other reason.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2023, 02:11:45 pm »
Gladly! Everyone here has vilified debate mods in the past and rightly so. Now someone is saying ENOUGH and you are vilifying him. Because it is Trump. No other reason.

I’ve never had a problem with hostile debate moderators because my position has always been its good for the candidates because it helps prepare them for the tough job of presidency. Debate moderators are nothing compared to leftist in  Congress or dictators throughout the world. That is my position and it’s been my position for decades. I can’t speak for anybody else here.

But the issue here is the claim that Donald Trump is the only one that’s gonna be willing to take on the deep state when he’s not even willing to take on hostile moderators. I think that’s what you and some others are missing.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 02:13:19 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2023, 02:13:43 pm »
I’ve never had a problem with hostile debate moderators because my position has always been its good for the candidates because it helps prepare them for the tough job of presidency. Debate moderators are nothing compared to leftist in  Congress or dictators throughout the world.

But the issue here is the claim that Donald Trump is the only one that’s gonna be willing to take on the deep state when he’s not even willing to take on hostile moderators. I think that’s what you and some others are missing.

At present we are discussing DEBATE MODS.  Try to keep up.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2023, 02:16:48 pm »
Raheem.
@RaheemKassam

Why should Trump agree to debates on the establishment’s pre-conceived terms? I think he absolutely should be on, and dominate, that debate stage. But not on the terms set by the people out to destroy him. Who does that? Insane!

6:55 PM · Apr 25, 2023

Online LMAO

« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2023, 02:17:19 pm »
At present we are discussing DEBATE MODS.  Try to keep up.

Um..yeah..that is the issue. Thanks for finally acknowledging that. That’s exactly what we’re discussing.

This thread is about Donald Trump’s refusal, as of now, to debate because his own words say he believes the moderators are going to be hostile to him. So it’s natural to doubt his ability and claims to take on hostile players in government.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2023, 02:22:03 pm »
Whenever someone would claim Trump was a bully, I never really believed that. I saw him more as a college aged snowflake and this is further evidence

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2023, 02:22:32 pm »
Raheem.
@RaheemKassam

Why should Trump agree to debates on the establishment’s pre-conceived terms? I think he absolutely should be on, and dominate, that debate stage. But not on the terms set by the people out to destroy him. Who does that? Insane!

It would be nice to have some REAL debates instead of these Gotcha sessions we've seen of late!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2023, 02:24:09 pm »
Um..yeah..that is the issue. Thanks for finally acknowledging that. That’s exactly what we’re discussing.

This thread is about Donald Trump’s refusal, as of now, to debate because his own words say he believes the moderators are going to be hostile to him. So it’s natural to doubt his ability and claims to take on hostile players in government.

So why are you continually injecting other things into the discussion?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2023, 02:33:28 pm »

That's a childish response even for him. The same guy that used to poke his finger in the eye of the MSM whenever he could is now afraid of mean moderators.

Not a good look.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online LMAO

« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2023, 02:36:57 pm »
So why are you continually injecting other things into the discussion?

Keep in mind, Donald Trump just simply didn’t ask for a change in format. That he’s afraid of hostile moderators. A few of us have questions, for example, of how he seriously plans to pay for his ideas while at the same time reigning in spending. I don’t find that hostile at all. I don’t find moderators who ask candidates tough questions hostile. Ron DeSantis got injected into the conversation to tie me to a position I never took

Everything that was injected, is very much applicable to his threatening to boycott the debates, unless they get moderators that are not gonna be mean to him

Perhaps you can be more specific on where you think that I introduced something that was in no way applicable to this thread

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2023, 02:41:50 pm »
That's a childish response even for him. The same guy that used to poke his finger in the eye of the MSM whenever he could is now afraid of mean moderators.

Not a good look.

I don’t recall Ronald Reagan demanding a change in debate forum  because the moderators would be too mean to him. And Reagan faced a very hostile media.

Barry Goldwater

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2023, 02:42:51 pm »
I don’t recall Ronald Reagan demanding a change in debate forum  because the moderators would be too mean to him. And Reagan faced a very hostile media.

He turned it around on them with a smile and a well placed barb when needed.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2023, 02:46:32 pm »

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2023, 02:46:47 pm »
It's an understandable reaction from Trump as imo he's always been very comfortable sharing his hostility against others but is thin skinned when it comes to his own person. He prefers being "The Don" rather than the object of questioning. Moderators tend to "dig in" so it's not his thing. It's a personality trait that is never going to change. You take him as he is or not. I myself don't.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2023, 02:52:40 pm »
He turned it around on them with a smile and a well placed barb when needed.

But, this isn't the world Reagan lived in @txradioguy   Heck, even DeSantis knows this much ----. Here's Ron addressing this very topic.  It's a short video, I hope you can watch it to it's end.

Video:

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/1640398576365846535

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2023, 02:52:45 pm »
I think choosing debate moderators for the general election is critical. Biased moderators can help swing an election simply by what questions they choose to ask or not ask.  And generally, the moderators chose by the Commission on Presidential Debates lean left and end up screwing over the Republican.  I remember the 2012 debate between Romney and Obama where Candy Crowley openly took Obama's side regarding the attack on the consulate in Benghazi.

However, these aren't the general election debates run by the CPD.  These are the primary debates run by the RNC, the chairman of whom is someone Trump likes and supports. So the idea that the people organizing the debates are out to destroy Trump is ridiculous.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2023, 02:55:03 pm »
Raheem.
@RaheemKassam

lol....Acknowledged front runner, and the man who holds all the cards is made out to be the victim.  You just can't make this shit up.

Trump....STFU, and establish your terms for the debate. You've had almost 6 months to think about it.   Instead you are coming across like a whining  little bitch.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2023, 02:55:19 pm »
But, this isn't the world Reagan lived in @txradioguy   Heck, even DeSantis knows this much ----. Here's Ron addressing this very topic.  It's a short video, I hope you can watch it to it's end.

Video:

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/1640398576365846535

No, it isn't the world Reagan inhabited, because it that world, a childish orange clown would have stayed a TV celebrity and not been elevated to the presidency by voters whose only real concern seems to be a president who can do nothing more than infuriate the democrats with stupid tweets, but who can't otherwise get much done (other than advance liberal spending policies).

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2023, 03:02:08 pm »
How about we have Michael Berry as a Republican Primary debate mod instead of the usual cast of characters?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2023, 03:06:11 pm »
How about we have Michael Berry as a Republican Primary debate mod instead of the usual cast of characters?
Tucker too, would be a good candidate and would be one who would fearlessly not be afraid to ask the tough questions.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2023, 03:06:32 pm »
Tucker too, would be a good candidate and would be one who would fearlessly not be afraid to ask the tough questions.

:thumbsup:

Online corbe

« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2023, 03:08:35 pm »
I think choosing debate moderators for the general election is critical. Biased moderators can help swing an election simply by what questions they choose to ask or not ask.  And generally, the moderators chose by the Commission on Presidential Debates lean left and end up screwing over the Republican.  I remember the 2012 debate between Romney and Obama where Candy Crowley openly took Obama's side regarding the attack on the consulate in Benghazi.

However, these aren't the general election debates run by the CPD.  These are the primary debates run by the RNC, the chairman of whom is someone Trump likes and supports. So the idea that the people organizing the debates are out to destroy Trump is ridiculous.

Ronna and Trump
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2023, 03:11:19 pm »
:thumbsup:

Consider both DeSantis and Trump both are outside the Swampisphere....

If we went with the tandem of Berry-Carlson-Levin....   I think we'd get a fair debate. Keep Brett Baier out at all costs.

Online LMAO

« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2023, 03:27:13 pm »
There is no sense in debating who the moderators should be because it doesn’t matter.

Bottom line… Trump does not want to be ask any questions that would seriously challenge him. At his rallies, his followers just listen to what he has to say, and clap without question. He wouldn’t have that luxury on a debate stage. When his supporters here refuse to answer any questions, there’s not
a price to pay. He can’t do that on a debate stage, and thats what worries him

He has a history of becoming very hostile, many times personal, whenever he’s challenged. Think Megyn Kelly and Carly Fiorina.

Nikki Haley is acting more manly, and adult, than Donald Trump

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2023, 03:29:11 pm »
There is no sense in debating who the moderators should be because it doesn’t matter.

Bottom line… Trump does not want to be ask any questions that would seriously challenge him. At his rallies, his followers just listen to what he has to say, and clap without question. He wouldn’t have that luxury on a debate stage. When his supporters here refuse to answer any questions, there’s not
a price to pay. He can’t do that on a debate stage, and thats what worries him

He has a history of becoming very hostile, many times personal, whenever he’s challenged. Think Megyn Kelly and Carly Fiorina.

Nikki Haley is acting more manly, and adult, than Donald Trump

We get it @LMAO you don't like Trump.

- J. R. R. Tolkien