Author Topic: On Arms Delays, Learn From Ukraine or Lose to China  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
On Arms Delays, Learn From Ukraine or Lose to China
« on: April 25, 2023, 02:31:26 pm »
On Arms Delays, Learn From Ukraine or Lose to China
By Rob Schroder & Michael Dehner
April 25, 2023

Though far from a foregone conclusion, Ukraine’s weapons woes portend American defeat in the Pacific unless proven platforms are surged in time.
The war in Ukraine has exposed a deep vulnerability: from missiles to tanks, the West at present cannot produce needed weapons at speed and scale. This has meant a desperate struggle for Ukraine, but it also portends a potential crisis for the U.S. in the seas and air should an unanticipated prolonged conflict occur in the future such as is the possible case with Taiwan.

Particularly in the INDO-PACOM, where China’s military strength has reached unprecedented levels, American defense leaders looking to deter war, the time is now to surge production of proven assets that can best position the U.S. to win a fight in the Indo-Pacific. The F-35 should top their list. Though the defense industrial base is positioned to deliver such an increase, multiple obstacles remain on the government side of the equation. These must be overcome if America is to field enough of the highly capable fighters in time to make a difference.

The U.S. can either learn from the delay of munitions and platforms in Ukraine or risk losing to China.

The Arsenal of Democracy is dangerously low on inventory

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2023/04/24/on_arms_delays_learn_from_ukraine_or_lose_to_china_895587.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: On Arms Delays, Learn From Ukraine or Lose to China
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 02:37:04 pm »
And I'm hoping and assuming that it all isn't deliberate.
The Republic is lost.