Author Topic: Florida GOP is on the verge of passing a Ron DeSantis-backed immigration bill  (Read 727 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

At the urging of Gov. Ron DeSantis, Republican supermajorities in the Florida Legislature are preparing to pass a sweeping immigration bill that would give millions of dollars to his controversial program transporting migrants to Democratic areas.

Over the past year, DeSantis has increasingly used immigration as a political cudgel to hammer President Joe Biden's southern border policies and build his own standing with the national conservative base in the run-up to his likely 2024 presidential bid.

The latest iteration in DeSantis’ push comes in the form of a 50-page legislative deal, SB 1617, filed Sunday night after weeks of negotiations between House and Senate Republicans. 

Republicans in the state House passed the measure out of committee along party lines on Monday. The proposal will get a Senate hearing on Tuesday, and is expected to get floor consideration as soon as later this week.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/florida-gop-ron-desantis-immigration-bill-rcna81110
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
his controversial program transporting migrants to Democratic areas

What is controversial about spreading the wealth of diversity to other states? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Can he fly them home instead?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Right_in_Virginia

I would prefer he would have them dropped off at the borders and told to walk home.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

I would prefer he would have them dropped off at the borders and told to walk home.

Even better @sneakypete  :laugh:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Yeah, I think he could, though his arms would be sore for weeks.  :0012: 88devil
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.