Author Topic: Border Patrol under fire for failing to vet immigrant posing as child who murdered Floridian  (Read 124 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Patrol under fire for failing to vet immigrant posing as child who murdered Floridian
by Anna Giaritelli, Homeland Security Reporter |
 April 25, 2023 04:00 AM

A Florida congressman is on a mission to determine how Border Patrol agents detain or release illegal immigrants who claim to be minors after one such incident in which a 24-year-old Honduran man sent to his district killed a resident.

Rep. John Rutherford (R-FL) is pushing the federal government to explain its protocol for vetting the backgrounds and verifying the ages of illegal immigrants arrested at the border who claim to be underage.

“No one can prove who he is, and yet their default position seems to be, ‘If you can’t figure out who they are, let them in.’ I disagree with that,” Rutherford said in an interview with the Washington Examiner. “I don’t think they’re vetting them properly, and if they can’t determine who they are, then they should hold them in detention until they can determine who they are or deport them out of the country. It’s just unacceptable to me that somebody gets to come to America, comes across the border illegally, and we have no idea who they are.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/immigration/border-patrol-under-fire-for-failing-to-vet-migrant-posing-as-child
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson