Author Topic: How The EPA Is Using Extreme Scenarios To Produce Extreme Results To Craft Policy  (Read 118 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ROGER PIELKE JR. ON APR 24, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

How The EPA Is Using Extreme Scenarios To Produce Extreme Results To Craft Policy

Later this week the Senate Budget Committee will hold a hearing on “the health costs of climate change.” …

Projections of the future climate and its possible impacts on human health require the use of scenarios of the future — these scenarios underpin both (a) projections made by earth system models for variables such as future extreme temperatures and (b) projections made by integrated assessment and economic models for variables such as human mortality and associated damage. [emphasis, links added]

Such projections typically identify the effects of extremely high temperatures on human mortality as the most significant human health impact of climate change.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/how-the-epa-is-using-extreme-scenarios-to-produce-extreme-results-to-craft-policy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson