Author Topic: Pacific Now Bristling with Warships as US, Chinese and Russian Forces Appear  (Read 290 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pacific Now Bristling with Warships as US, Chinese and Russian Forces Appear
Jack Davis, The Western Journal   By Jack Davis, The Western Journal
Published April 24, 2023 at 8:55am

As an indication of the region’s strategic importance, U.S., Chinese and Russian warships have been patrolling and drilling in the western Pacific in recent days.

The drills come amid a backdrop of speculation that war is approaching.

“We are taking the Chinese military threat very seriously … I think 2027 is the year that we need to be serious about,” Taiwan Foreign Minister Joseph Wu said last week, according to the U.K.’s Guardian.

In January, Air Force Gen. Mike Minihan, head of U.S. Air Mobility Command, wrote in a memo, “My gut tells me will fight in 2025,” according to NBC News.

With those predictions as a backdrop, competing nations drilled in the Pacific to prepare.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/pacific-now-bristling-warships-us-chinese-russian-forces-appear
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Being that Russia doesn't have many Naval vessels committed to Ukraine, you wonder if they'd help China invade Taiwan.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Being that Russia doesn't have many Naval vessels committed to Ukraine, you wonder if they'd help China invade Taiwan.

Interesting thought.  They might run active interference, without actually engaging in ship-to-ship fighting.