State Chapters > Illinois

Report: Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s Health Care for Illegal Aliens to Cost Taxpayers $1 Billion Ne

(1/2) > >>

mystery-ak:
John Binder 24 Apr 2023

Illinois taxpayers are set to be hit with a billion-dollar bill providing healthcare benefits to newly arrived illegal aliens in the state thanks to Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D), according to estimates.

While tens of thousands of illegal aliens continue to be bused to the sanctuary city of Chicago, Illinois, from Texas, Republican lawmakers in the state are sounding the alarm over the economic and social burden that the new arrivals are set to impose on taxpayers.

Citing recent analysis from state officials, the lawmakers said taxpayers will be left holding the bill when nearly 110,000 additional illegal aliens sign up for taxpayer-subsidized healthcare benefits next year.

State Rep. Norine Hammond (R) said during a recent news conference on the issue that “dramatic growth” in Illinois’s illegal alien population and their enrollment for healthcare benefits “will require nearly a billion dollars in general revenue funds to support this program in Fiscal Year 2024.”

The program, which secures taxpayer-funded healthcare benefits for older illegal aliens, was launched last year with help from Pritzker.

“From day one of my administration, equity has been — and will always be — our north star,” Pritzker said at the time. “Everyone, regardless of documentation status, deserves access to holistic healthcare coverage.”

Today, close to 700,000 illegal aliens live in the sanctuary state of Illinois.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/04/24/report-illinois-taxpayers-spend-1b-giving-health-care-illegal-aliens/

bigheadfred:
Sooo...when are you moving to Florida @mystery-ak ?

mystery-ak:

--- Quote from: bigheadfred on April 25, 2023, 12:09:54 am ---Sooo...when are you moving to Florida @mystery-ak ?

--- End quote ---

Boy I am ready.... 9999hair out0000

LMAO:
From the article....

“From day one of my administration, equity has been — and will always be — our north star,” Pritzker said at the time. “Everyone, regardless of documentation status, deserves access to holistic healthcare coverage.”

He's going to bankrupt the state in no time

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: LMAO on April 25, 2023, 03:24:38 am ---From the article....

He's going to bankrupt the state in no time

--- End quote ---

Sure, they deserve "access to it", but that doesn't mean that the Illinois taxpayer should be on the hook for it.  If they cannot pay for their own care, then they can get the heck out of Dodge and go back to where they came from.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version