Author Topic: U.S. House Judiciary Committee Advances Pistol Brace Resolution  (Read 307 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
NRA-ILA 4/24/2023

On April 19, the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee voted 23-15 to advance H.J.Res.44, which would reign in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ attempt to regulate pistol stabilizing braces. The resolution employs the Congressional Review Act, which grants Congress the authority to disapprove of new federal agency rulemakings, nullifying the rule and prohibiting the agency from enacting a similar one in the future. Astute gun rights supporters may recall the 115th Congress and President Donald Trump using this CRA to halt a last-minute Obama Administration gun control measure targeting certain Social Security beneficiaries.

H.J.Res.44 would disapprove of ATF’s rulemaking on “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached ‘Stabilizing Braces,’” which essentially subjects all firearms with attached stabilizing braces to the registration requirements of the National Firearms Act (NFA). According to the Congressional Research Service, there are currently between 10 and 40 million stabilizing braces in circulation, and ATF’s new rule requires the millions of Americans who own them to dispose of, alter, or register their firearms. If they don’t comply, they will become felons and face up to 10 years in prison and large fines.

Beginning in 2012, when Joe Biden was serving as then-President Barack Obama’s vice president, ATF had recognized that stabilizing braces serve a legitimate function, and the inclusion of a stabilizing brace on a pistol or other firearm does not automatically subject that firearm to the provisions of the National Firearms Act. That’s because stabilizing braces were first designed and intended to help disabled veterans fire large format pistols. However, with the new rule the Biden Administration has reversed over a decade of agency guidance and rulings that the firearms industry and law-abiding American gun owners relied on when designing or acquiring firearms.

More: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20230424/us-house-judiciary-committee-advances-pistol-brace-resolution

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: U.S. House Judiciary Committee Advances Pistol Brace Resolution
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 11:27:03 pm »
Good for them, but not a Chinaman's chance of passage.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 12:27:29 am »
Yeah,good for them. </S>I have been around guns since I got my first one when I was about 8 years old,and have never even SEEN one of those things. I have heard about them,but MY theory is that if you aren't strong enough to hold your handgun on target without one of them,you  either need to practice more or get a handgun chambered for a less powerful cartridge.

Not that any of this justifies banning them. It doesn't.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 02:34:38 am »
Yeah,good for them. </S>I have been around guns since I got my first one when I was about 8 years old,and have never even SEEN one of those things. I have heard about them,but MY theory is that if you aren't strong enough to hold your handgun on target without one of them,you  either need to practice more or get a handgun chambered for a less powerful cartridge.

Not that any of this justifies banning them. It doesn't.
Pete you do realize that they were designed for injured Veterans, right? And it doesn't matter how many other people have them for whatever reason, it's the Vets they were designed for that get hurt the most, but hurting Veterans is just a bonus for democrat slime.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 02:49:04 am »
Pete you do realize that they were designed for injured Veterans, right?

@GtHawk

No,this is the first time I heard that. Not that it makes any difference. They are nothing less or more than a tool,and who the HELL thinks you can justify banning a tool?

Not that I want one,but what I want is irrelevant.

This is nothing less than a power play by the left so they can scream about guns and how they just saved the world from the horrors of "pistol braces". It is nothing more than a PR move to impress the ignorant left so they can try to gain more power. The people behind this are either criminally ignorant,or purposely criminal.

They need to be reminded that they were elected to serve America,not have America serve them.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!