Author Topic: Tucker Carlson 'blindsided by Fox News firing that was a direct order from Rupert Murdoch after Jan  (Read 2405 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tucker Carlson 'blindsided by Fox News firing that was a direct order from Rupert Murdoch after Jan 6 conspiracy claims and producer's lawsuit alleging bullying, sexism and anti-Semitism'

Fox announced today that Carlson's last show was on Friday April 21st
    He was the network's most successful host drawing in 3.5million viewers

By Jen Smith, Chief Reporter and Josh Boswell For Dailymail.com

Published: 11:34 EDT, 24 April 2023 | Updated: 16:40 EDT, 24 April 2023

Tucker Carlson was blindsided by his firing from Fox News and learned of it on Monday morning shortly before it was announced, sources tell DailyMail.com.

Even some of his closest staff were unaware that his show had been axed, reading about it for the first time on Twitter.

'No one I know was told about it beforehand. We were blindsided,' one senior staffer who works closely with Tucker's show, Tucker Carlson Tonight, told DailyMail.com.

Another insider revealed he still has no idea why he was let go so suddenly, and that many staffers are now questioning whether it's part of a wider plan by the Murdoch family to sell the media behemoth.

'Tucker still hasn't been given any indication of why he was taken off the air. His producer Justin Wells was fired too.

'We believe Rupert wants to sell the company and it's harder to find an institutional buyer with Tucker as the main star.

'Tucker gone makes it more of an appealing media company to buy,' the source said.

The Los Angeles Times reports that it was a combination of Carlson's coverage of the January 6 riot and a recent lawsuit filed by Abby Grossberg, a former producer, who says she was subjected to sexism, bullying and anti-Semitism while working on the show.

The Times' sources say Rupert Murdoch gave the order for Carlson to be shown the door.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12008059/Tucker-Carlson-leave-Fox-News.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I think Paul Ryano has more to do with this move than we care to believe.  I still believe he still has is nuts surgically attached to the deep state elements in the GOP. And got the high 5 to proceed.

No sane business is going to sell your most valuable asset.  And Murdoch is more of a business man than a political animal. 

This is akin to an MLB team  DFA-ing a Cy Young Player, while in the middle of a 20-7 season.   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I think Paul Ryano has more to do with this move than we care to believe.  I still believe he still has is nuts surgically attached to the deep state elements in the GOP. And got the high 5 to proceed.

No sane business is going to sell your most valuable asset.  And Murdoch is more of a business man than a political animal. 

This is akin to an MLB team  DFA-ing a Cy Young Player, while in the middle of a 20-7 season.

I agree...Paul Ryan is up to his eyeballs in this...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Tucker was not let go for things that have already happened; he was let go for pending matters, yet unannounced.

Rupert wouldn't kill his golden calf unless that he calculated that his false idol was a net negative value proposition, on a go forward basis.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 10:12:09 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I agree...Paul Ryan is up to his eyeballs in this...

What else would one expect an architect of the DeSantis take down Trump campaign do?  Keep Tucker Carlson, Lara Trump, Dan Bongino and Lou Dobbs?

Look for more "exits".

Online libertybele

What else would one expect an architect of the DeSantis take down Trump campaign do?  Keep Tucker Carlson, Lara Trump, Dan Bongino and Lou Dobbs?

Look for more "exits".

@Right_in_Virginia you've never provided any proof of the supposed DeSantis, Ryan connection.  I believe someone in here discredited that theory weeks ago. 

Does spreading lies makes you feel any less paranoid about DeSantis' as a threat to Trump? Pretty pathetic as DeSantis hasn't even announced he's running.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

I've read just the opposite from people who claim to have reliable sources inside FOX, to-wit, that it was Tucker who chose to leave.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I've read just the opposite from people who claim to have reliable sources inside FOX, to-wit, that it was Tucker who chose to leave.  :shrug:

Sure wasn't any evidence of any of that last week.  I guess he may have quit after being told to muzzle it. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Maybe he will be the next Rush. POTUS, no.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline berdie

I think that's a possibility. He was provided with the J6 tapes and shut down.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Paul Ryan doesn't have the (eye)balls to exercise such political courage.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Rick Wilson
@TheRickWilson

Paul Ryan taking the Tucker Carlson spot was the power move no one saw coming.

Reed Galen
@reedgalen

@realDonaldTrump and @elonmusk were just on @TuckerCarlson’s show. Now Tucker is OUT @foxnews.

Smells like @SpeakerRyan to me…

3:06 PM · Apr 24, 2023

A damn good Trump interview it was ......  Ryan will tolerate no more of this  :nono:

https://rumble.com/embed/v2f5huq/?pub=4

« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 10:55:24 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Megan Kelly has HER head screwed on straight unlike the management at Fox News.

To be perfectly honest, I've known this would happen ever since they shut him down on the J6 stuff.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Megan Kelly has HER head screwed on straight unlike the management at Fox News.

To be perfectly honest, I've known this would happen ever since they shut him down on the J6 stuff.

Me, too @Bigun   I'll follow Carlson to wherever he goes ----- if only for the whole of this report.

Offline mountaineer

Snoop Bailey
@realsnoopbailey
I have a longtime friend at Fox News. He just texted me that Tucker was planning a segment to destroy the 60 Minutes Epps episode.
Exec Producer Jennifer Rauchet told him he couldn't run the segment so he quit.
10:33 AM · Apr 24, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Me, too @Bigun   I'll follow Carlson to wherever he goes ----- if only for the whole of this report.

Tucker will come out of this smelling like a rose. Fox News not so much. They are Bud Light stupid! @Right_in_Virginia
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Tucker will come out of this smelling like a rose. Fox News not so much. They are Bud Light stupid! @Right_in_Virginia

Agree!  On both counts  :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

What a classy, intelligent, honest woman.

Yeah. I always felt she was forthright in her reporting, and that value only increased when she left FOX, albeit that she cusses more now, which some would find disconcerting.

I don't pay much mind to networks anymore - none of them - But I will probably go see what Megan Kelly presents on important issues.

Online libertybele

Rumor has it that FOX is going to be rotating guest hosts.  I don't know who they think they're going to get.

Dan Bongino broke ties recently with FOX as well.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

I never expected much from Tucker, He's a tool, so I was rarely disappointed.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Is Tucker ouster tied to his coverage of alleged videotaped J6 instigator?

https://www.wnd.com/2023/04/tucker-ouster-tied-coverage-alleged-videotaped-j6-instigator/

'The Left hates all Jan. 6ers – except one, Ray Epps'

One day after the airing of a sympathetic CBS "60 Minutes" interview with controversial, videotaped, alleged Jan. 6 instigator Ray Epps — in which Epps played the victim and sought to shift blame for J6 violence to Tucker Carlson — the most popular host on Fox News was ousted by the network.

In the "60 Minutes" interview Sunday, Epps claimed Carlson is "obsessed with me," and said, "He's going to any means possible" to destroy his life to "shift blame [for J6] on somebody else."

Carlson was terminated directly by Fox owner Rupert Murdoch, the Los Angeles Times reported Monday: "Fox News announced the stunning departure of its top-rated host Monday with no explanation, but people familiar with the situation who were not authorized to comment publicly said the decision to fire Carlson came straight from Fox Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch with input from board members and other Fox Corp. executives."

The newspaper reported Carlson's ouster was linked to his coverage of Jan. 6 in which he, speaking for millions of MAGA conservatives suspicious of "Deep State" machinations, repeatedly questioned why a Biden Justice Department that had so zealously prosecuted J6 protesters for seemingly minor, non-violent offenses like entering the Capitol, had refused to prosecute the man seen clearly in videotapes emphatically urging people to occupy the very same Capitol.

"Murdoch also was said to be concerned about Carlson’s coverage of the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol," the Times reported. "The host has promoted the conspiracy theory that it was provoked by government agents, and Carlson has called Ray Epps — a Texas man who participated in the storming of the Capitol but did not enter the building — an FBI plant, without presenting any evidence."

That description by the left-leaning newspaper misses the salient point of why Epps and his non-arrest by the Justice Department have drawn so much attention on the right: he is shown so clearly on film doing more than other J6 attendees who were arrested and jailed for entering the Capitol.

Moreover, Gateway Pundit, which has been at the forefront of coverage on J6 issues, reported that Epps is wrong when he claimed (in congressional testimony) that he never violated the law on Jan 6. GP reports that while several J6 protesters were prosecuted for touching a large Trump sign that was thrown at police, Epps was not, although he also is allegedly shown on video touching the sign.

More at link.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
One of the rumors I read today said that Tucker was fully expecting to be on tonight...guests had been booked he was going to address the Dominion settlement and Anne cap Ray Epps in his response to the 60 Minutes fluff piece last night.

And executive producer told him that wasn't going to happen.

He quit right there on the spot.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I hope Tucker teams up with James O'Keefe and takes the right media by the wavos.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....