Author Topic: White House Downplays Second U.S. Embassy Evacuation Under Joe Biden: ‘Happens from Time to Time’  (Read 358 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House Downplays Second U.S. Embassy Evacuation Under Joe Biden: ‘Happens from Time to Time’

Wendell Husebø 24 Apr 2023

President Joe Biden’s national security advisor Jake Sullivan stated Monday that U.S. embassy evacuations happen “from time to time” in the wake of the second evacuation in Sudan.

On Saturday, Joe Biden ordered the evacuation of the U.S. embassy in Khartoum, Sudan, during fighting between the Rapid Support Forces and the Sudanese Armed Forces.

This embassy evacuation is the second ordered by Joe Biden, preceded by the evacuation of the Kabul, Afghanistan, embassy in 2021. Critics claim the embassy closures are indicative of Biden’s chaotic foreign policy.

During a White House press briefing, Sullivan was asked if he “would respond to the charges…that the Biden administration has now lost two U.S. embassies during the president’s term.”

“I’m not sure what you mean by a ‘charge,’ quote on quote, of losing embassies,” he claimed, by alleging the common occurrence of embassy closures. “The United States has evacuated its personnel. This happens from time to time.”

Sullivan added the closures are insignificant to the number of diplomatic postings throughout the world.

“That’s in the nature of having 270 total diplomatic posts around the world,” he said. “But our goal, as I said before, is to be able to resume operations in Khartoum as soon as we are capable of doing so.”

Last week, the U.S. embassy issued a security alert, warning Americans in the country to “shelter in place until further notice,” hours after the Sudanese army guaranteed evacuation requests made by the Biden administration.

“It is not currently safe to undertake a U.S. government co-ordinated evacuation of private U.S. citizens,” the alert said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/04/24/white-house-downplays-second-u-s-embassy-evacuation-under-joe-biden-happens-from-time-to-time/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Yeah, like on April 30, 1975 in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) ...

... good times, great childhood memories.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

....and so the stories of those trapped and not able to get out begin .....

American woman, daughter caught in middle of Sudan fighting as family calls for help to bring them home

Violence in Sudan's capital continued Tuesday as rival military factions compete for power, with civilians and some Americans caught in the crossfire.

Among the reported figure of some 14,000 Americans living in Sudan, Trillian Clifford and her 18-month-old daughter are currently sheltering in place in her apartment in Khartoum amid a fierce military standoff that brings Sudan on the brink of another civil war.

Clifford, from Ashland, Massachusetts, and her daughter, Alma, have been trapped for 10 days. Clifford is a preschool teacher and has been teaching abroad for a decade with stays in Cairo and Mumbai. This was her first year teaching in Sudan.

As fighting intensifies in Khartoum and across the country, basic necessities such as food, water and fuel are quickly running out.............

https://www.foxnews.com/world/american-woman-daughter-caught-middle-sudan-fighting-family-calls-help-bring-them-home
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I have to give them a pass on this.

If the situation there was... essentially... hopeless and chaotic, then closing up the place and getting out was the proper move.

Otherwise, we could end up with a military commitment there, too -- with no hope of victory.
Not worth the trouble.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I have to give them a pass on this.

If the situation there was... essentially... hopeless and chaotic, then closing up the place and getting out was the proper move.

Otherwise, we could end up with a military commitment there, too -- with no hope of victory.
Not worth the trouble.
We are talking democrats here so i will need a lot of convincing they didn't have their fingers in what happened in Sudan. Also so soon after Afghanistan our 'Intelligence' community still doesn't know WTF is going on in these holes where so many Americans are? Or is it just another case of gross incompetence on their part?

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Its always time to give Joe Biden a pass, like its always time to bash Trump. Its like its nevertime to break into reality, as long as the course is an unmitigated disaster by democrats unto America, its no longer ever time to change the course.  Its like stoogery on a course really seen in this life. The reverse when its a good man in office, like, fraud, making America stronger and better, more secure, more prosperous....Some things just can't be tolerated!  HERE WE ARE!  The 'victors' weep like bawling babes that had their titty taken away. The wicked depraved unchanged over CENTURIES.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Pay some South African military contractors to get these people out.

They've given up before even trying.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Fa la la, fiddle dee dee. We'll maybe think about it tomorrow.
The Republic is lost.