Author Topic: Carlson's departure from Fox stirs positive reactions from conservatives  (Read 3221 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Carlson's departure from Fox stirs positive reactions from conservatives

Some even speculated that Carlson could launch a bid for the White House.
By Madeleine Hubbard

Updated: April 24, 2023 - 3:14pm

Tucker Carlson's departure from Fox News on Monday stirred positive reactions from conservatives on social media.

Satire website The Babylon Bee tweeted an article with the headline, "Fox News Fires The Only Reason People Watch Fox News." The post garnered nearly 60,000 likes in less than three hours.

"Good for Tucker. Trust me, he doesn’t need them," tweeted reporter Megyn Kelly, whose Fox News show was replaced by "Tucker Carlson Tonight" in 2017.

"I know he will be missed and more importantly, will go on to do great things," Fox News contributor Caitlyn Jenner said.

"Remember when [then-House Speaker Nancy] Pelosi kicked me off of all my committees? I was set free. So is Tucker Carlson. Can’t wait," Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) tweeted.

Other commentators speculated that Carlson's ambitions may reach beyond the media to the Oval Office.

"He's running," conservative commentator Stephen Miller tweeted.

"He’s always downplayed the possibility of running for president, but that’s an open possibility now," conservative activist Christopher Rufo tweeted.

Carlson's last show on the network was Friday. The reason for his departure is unclear, but at least one media report tied it to former producer Abby Grossberg's discrimination lawsuit.

more
https://justthenews.com/accountability/media/carlsons-departure-fox-stirs-positive-reactions-conservatives?utm_source=mux&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tw
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'd give him a serious look...so long as he's not pulling a "Perot", and runs as a Republican.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Tucker lost me with the Douglas MacGregor fetish.

Offline NavyCanDo

Liked him early on but - well let me put it this way. Have you ever seen the QAnon Shaman and Tuker in the same spot at the same time?    Can't stand his show anymore.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Carlson welds a lot more power as a pundit than a pol.

I like the sentiment, but that is not his thing. 

I did miss the first 10 minutes of "The 5", so I don't if anything was mentioned before then, but nothing since.

Gutfeld is very quiet, and looks very pissed. Watters is absent, and I would expect the same from him.  I see more defections coming. But this time voluntarily.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Liked him early on but - well let me put it this way. Have you ever seen the QAnon Shaman and Tuker in the same spot at the same time?    Can't stand his show anymore.

He has a certain schtick he uses where he pretends not to have a real opinion on an issue, and then has on a guest who will "explain the issue objectively" while Tucker sits there with his brow furrowed intently.  It's this look:

To me, he has been knowingly lying to his audience for more than a year now by promoting Col. MacGregor the way he has, and with that same furrowed-brow look whenever MacGregor speaks.

I honestly think he must be laughing at his audience whenever he has him on.

Mod edit to reduce size of photo.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 09:59:21 pm by Mod2 »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
He has a certain schtick he uses where he pretends not to have a real opinion on an issue, and then has on a guest who will "explain the issue objectively" while Tucker sits there with his brow furrowed intently.  It's this look:

If the schtick is listening intently while getting the guest's POV, what's wrong with that?  Watch Hannity if you want incessant, annoying and interuptive banter.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 09:44:19 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I did miss the first 10 minutes of "The 5", so I don't if anything was mentioned before then, but nothing since.

Gutfeld is very quiet, and looks very pissed. Watters is absent, and I would expect the same from him.  I see more defections coming. But this time voluntarily.

Greg just mentioned Tucker's name and that was it...No one said a word...

I imagine whoever hosts Tucker's show will say something... :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Greg just mentioned Tucker's name and that was it...No one said a word...

I imagine whoever hosts Tucker's show will say something... :shrug:

I walked away from the TV.  What did Gutfeld say about Carlson?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Murdoch ought to go ahead and fire Kudlow, Bortilomo, and Payne and just shut FBN down while he is at it.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

If the schtick is listening intently while getting the guest's POV, what's wrong with that? 

It's not that he's listening intently.  He already knows exactly what the guy is going to say.  It's an act.  He's pretending to be ignorant/uniformed on the topic, usually prefacing it by saying something like "I don't understand what's going on, can you explain it to us", etc..  He does that to elevate the speaker in the mind of his audience as someone whose opinion is of value.  Because if it's good enough to convince Tucker, it's good enough for the audience.

It's a big act.  I've seen lawyers use that exact technique a million times when questioning an expert at trial.

But that particular habit of Tucker's is really just a minor irritant in general  What it much more annoying for me is when I realize that with MacGregor, he's doing it with someone even Tucker himself doesn't believe.

Watch Hannity if you want incessant, annoying and interuptive banter.

Ugh.  You obviously see Hannity a I do.  But the weird thing is I could almost excuse Hannity if he was doing this with MacGregor, because I honestly think Hannity is just not a very bright guy. 

Tucker on the other hand is very smart, and there is no way he does not know that McGregor has been wildly wrong with his predictions.  But he keeps putting the guy on anyway, not only not challenging MacGregor on his prior bogus predictions, but continuing to tell his audience that MacGregor is one of the few honest and a reliable sources out there.

And he's been doing that for over a year.  I just cannot fathom that.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 10:20:41 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: That's My take as well @catfish1957 Fox Shit in their own nest AGAIN today.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

Have you ever seen the QAnon Shaman and Tuker in the same spot at the same time?   

Lol
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Can honestly say that I am not a Fox News watcher, but Tucker bits get linked to a lot of news stories and I often watch a segment or two per week... (sometimes more)... Without Carson, my Fox News viewing would be greatly reduced (limited to a few news stories that Liberty Daily link to).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline NavyCanDo

Get rid of Gutfield too. His humor I find grating.  Liked the lineup much better back in the Bill OReilly days.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump

well this guy misses em ever so much already

Offline verga

I enjoyed him about 75% of the time.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump

To me, he has been knowingly lying to his audience for more than a year now by promoting Col. MacGregor the way he has, and with that same furrowed-brow look whenever MacGregor speaks.

I honestly think he must be laughing at his audience whenever he has him on.

Mod edit to reduce size of photo.

well seen and equally well reported

like the donny .....hes a show biz wanna be PUTZ   

a pro wrestling urinalist
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 09:26:31 pm by MeshugeMikey »

Offline goatprairie

Carlson was alright his first year or two after taking over from O'Reilly. Then he started to get weirder and weirder. He gave a lot crackpots air time and listened intently to the nuts as if they had great points. Just asking questions of course.
Then he did that lying documentary about the Jan 6 riot which FOX should have scratched at the start.
Carlson simply has told too many lies and sponsored too many nutjobs. FOX has lost considerable advertising because of his stunts. Murdoch had finally had enough.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Carlson was alright his first year or two after taking over from O'Reilly. Then he started to get weirder and weirder. He gave a lot crackpots air time and listened intently to the nuts as if they had great points. Just asking questions of course.
Then he did that lying documentary about the Jan 6 riot which FOX should have scratched at the start.
Carlson simply has told too many lies and sponsored too many nutjobs. FOX has lost considerable advertising because of his stunts. Murdoch had finally had enough.

@goatprairie

That's pretty damned funny, and follows the RINO and dim. narrative pretty well.  Pray tell, who do you suggest to be the best pundit to fight the deep stated swamp?

Just what lies did Carlson mention in his week long expose' on J6?  Seemed like he was providing exact footage.  Or are you buying off on the edited / cropped versions that the J6 committee was showing on their Hollywood production.   Please provide an exact tally of the lies he told that week.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 08:05:05 pm by catfish1957 »

Online roamer_1

Tucker Carlson was on Youtube live today... From his own channel, with 'Fox news wants me back' in the title. Didn't spend time on it, as it was live, and about 1/2hr in, so I wandered off, figuring to pick it up to play when it is done, from the beginning.

Got the impression it is a new daily show he is beginning...

Went back to find it and it's gone... to include his channel.

:shrug:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Tucker Carlson was on Youtube live today... From his own channel, with 'Fox news wants me back' in the title. Didn't spend time on it, as it was live, and about 1/2hr in, so I wandered off, figuring to pick it up to play when it is done, from the beginning.

Got the impression it is a new daily show he is beginning...

Went back to find it and it's gone... to include his channel.

:shrug:

No signs of it.  I am sure the YT/Google police got a hold of it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It bothers me the Trump people twist every thing into All Things Trump, and it also bothers me that Anti-Trump people twist everything the other way.

Knock it the f*ck off.  Trump is not the object of this topic.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It bothers me the Trump people twist every thing into All Things Trump, and it also bothers me that Anti-Trump people twist everything the other way.

Knock it the f*ck off.  Trump is not the object of this topic.
I second that! It's tedious.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

@goatprairie

This is my second request for you to let us all know just what were the lies from Tucker Carlson during his J6 expose' that week.....

Put up or retract, and admit the fact you are re-gurgitating the RINO, dim, and MSM narrative.   Your attempt to try to discredit one of the very few who are challenging the Deep State is quite telling and troubling.