Author Topic: Chris Christie: ‘I am the viable Trump alternative’  (Read 487 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chris Christie: ‘I am the viable Trump alternative’
« on: April 24, 2023, 06:42:27 pm »
by Stephen Neukam - 04/24/23 12:19 PM ET

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who is touring early primary states but has yet to jump into the 2024 Republican field, offered his strongest indication yet that he plans to run, saying, “I intend to be the nominee.”

“I think we’ll lose if Trump’s a nominee,” Christie told The Daily Beast. “That’s why I intend to be the nominee.”

The comments came while the former New Jersey governor was in New Hampshire, a state where he finished sixth in the 2016 GOP primary. But seven years later, after falling out with former President Trump and with primary season approaching, Christie appears on the verge of launching his second White House bid.

Christie, who has spent the past few years frequently criticizing Trump in his capacity as an on-air contributor for ABC News, has said he will decide whether to run in 2024 by sometime in May. The main question he is trying to answer before making a decision: Is there a path to winning the primary?

Christie said last month he was considering that question. In his interview with the Daily Beast, he seemed more assured of himself on the question.

“I am the viable Trump alternative,” he said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3966393-chris-christie-i-am-the-viable-trump-alternative/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Chris Christie: ‘I am the viable Trump alternative’
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 06:47:42 pm »
No

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 06:56:15 pm »
He's an alternative, I'll grant him that.  Have another slice, Chris, you're getting delirious.  :pizza:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 06:57:31 pm »
No

Meh. He's not serious. He's in it for the donations and matching funds... As he has been for years.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2023, 06:59:46 pm »
:mauslaff:

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2023, 07:02:36 pm »
Nope.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2023, 08:36:41 pm »
I hope he runs as long as he realizes heading out of the chute that the target is Trump.  If he wastes time and effort trying to get rid of DeSantis and Haley first, Trump will already have won, and he'd have alienated support he'd need anyway.

So if he runs and is a guided missile aimed just at Trump, that's fine with me.  He's actually good at that sort of thing.  Of course, I don't think there's a chance in hell he can win the nomination, but he might help clear the way for someone else.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2023, 08:38:06 pm »
Meh. He's not serious. He's in it for the donations and matching funds... As he has been for years.
Yep. That's the bottom line.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2023, 08:38:50 pm »
Hell no.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2023, 10:19:23 pm »

Fishrrman: "Fat chance, Chris..."

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2023, 10:29:59 pm »
No worries, I've got Chris covered .... I'll be donating donuts.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2023, 02:42:29 am »
More like Chris Christie is the Walrus Goo Goo G'Joob.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2023, 04:16:57 am »
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/04/21/chris_christie_the_reason_trump_cant_come_back_is_that_he_failed_us.html

He did a fine job of explaining where the attack needs to land: directly on Trump’s record.  He is also correct in that Trump must be challenged aggressively.  I am not sure if DeSantis will follow through on this part. 

The problem with Christie is that he enabled Trump’s 2016 campaign.  He did the kamikaze attack on Rubio and then endorsed Trump before Super Tuesday.  So he is responsible for much of what happened, and cannot be trusted.