Author Topic: New York Times jumps on bandwagon: Concerns about Biden's age are legitimate  (Read 367 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

HotAir

New York Times jumps on bandwagon: Concerns about Biden's age are legitimate

New York Times jumps on bandwagon: Concerns about Biden's age are legitimate
KAREN TOWNSEND 8:41 AM on April 24, 2023

Have you noticed that there seems to be a campaign emerging to second guess Joe Biden’s decision to run for reelection? Throughout his first term as president, the legacy media and progressive online sites have turned a blind eye to Biden’s obvious decline, both mentally and physically. Suddenly something changed. Over the weekend, two major newspapers published editorials pointing out that Biden’s age cannot be ignored.

The Wall Street Journal noted that Biden is in “obvious decline” and that reelecting the octogenarian would be a historical mistake. The New York Times published its version of an editorial declaring Biden as too old to be president. Like the WSJ, the NYT said that everyone ages differently. However, when a reporter questions him about his age and the ability to do the job, Biden’s stock answer is “Watch me.” Cute but it doesn’t square with his actions. He hides from the press, spending 40% of his time as president away from the White House at one of his two homes in Delaware or at Camp David. His staff runs interference for him and keeps the press corps away from him. Biden rarely gives a press conference. There is no “watching” him at all. Concerns about Biden’s age are legit, says the NYT editorial.

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/04/24/new-york-times-jumps-on-bandwagon-concerns-about-bidens-age-are-legitimate-n545860
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Yes, but are they jumping on the bandwagon to make it a legitimate issue that should be resolved against him, or are they merely running cover for him so that, if his age comes up during the campaign, he can point to some NYT story and say "see, all resolved in my favor"?

Offline berdie

Age is a factor, imho.

In a New York minute, everything can change (h/t Eagles) at that age.

And that goes for Trump as well.

Offline libertybele

Age is a factor, but more important is mental acuity. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A Fishrrman "totally off-the-wall" prediction:

Watch a number of big papers to start covering -- and then endorsing -- the campaign of RFKjr.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The immaculate god Biden held in being less than a perfect God?  After such worship for so long? Again, how dare you!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline libertybele

A Fishrrman "totally off-the-wall" prediction:

Watch a number of big papers to start covering -- and then endorsing -- the campaign of RFKjr.

We'll see if your prediction comes true. I don't think the Kennedy name means a whole lot these days; that dynasty's ship sailed long ago.

My prediction still, is they'll have Brandon step down as well as Cackles and they'll insert a team of Michael Obama and Rice. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

Why was his age not a concern at 78 but now is a concern at 80?  The NY Slimes knew he would be 80 at this point in his term, but chose to endorse him anyway.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Why was his age not a concern at 78 but now is a concern at 80?  The NY Slimes knew he would be 80 at this point in his term, but chose to endorse him anyway.

It's not.  They're trying to make it a non-issue in the upcoming campaign by supposedly hashing the issue out and coming to the conclusion that Biden is just fine, notwithstanding his age - a pre-determined outcome to be arrived at regardless of his actual condition - so that if republicans raise the issue during the campaign, Biden's campaign can simply dismiss the concerns as "old news" that have already been dealt with, and then hand out copies of the NYT article.