Author Topic: Navy launches prep course to help recruits drop body fat, qualify to serve  (Read 93 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy launches prep course to help recruits drop body fat, qualify to serve
By DOUG G. WARE
STARS AND STRIPES • April 21, 2023

WASHINGTON — The Navy has launched a new training program that’s designed to get future sailors in shape so they can pass physical fitness requirements, which are keeping many young Americans from joining the military amid serious recruiting challenges.

In recent years, three of the service branches — the Navy, Army and Air Force — have struggled to hit recruiting goals due to several factors. One of the biggest reasons is fewer than 25% of Americans between the ages of 17 and 24 can pass academic and physical testing to join the military, according to recent Pentagon data.

“We expect to be about 6,000 [recruits] short [this year],” Adm. Lisa Franchetti, vice chief of naval operations, said earlier this week during a congressional hearing about military readiness. “[We are] doing better than [when] we started, but about 6,000 short is our projection.”

https://www.stripes.com/branches/navy/2023-04-21/navy-sailors-recruits-fitness-course-9878715.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I've heard doubling up on CRT, pronoun, and gay rights studies, absolutely slices those pounds! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson