Author Topic: Unprepared for Long War, U.S. Army Under Gun To Make More Ammo  (Read 83 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Unprepared for Long War, U.S. Army Under Gun To Make More Ammo
.By Marc Levy

SCRANTON, Pa. (AP) — One of the most important munitions of the Ukraine war comes from a historic factory in this city built by coal barons, where tons of steel rods are brought in by train to be forged into the artillery shells Kyiv can’t get enough of — and that the U.S. can’t produce fast enough.

The Scranton Army Ammunition Plant is at the vanguard of a multibillion-dollar Pentagon plan to modernize and accelerate its production of ammunition and equipment not only to support Ukraine, but to be ready for a potential conflict with China.

But it is one of just two sites in the U.S. that make the steel bodies for the critical 155 mm howitzer rounds that the U.S. is rushing to Ukraine to help in its grinding fight to repel the Russian invasion in the largest-scale war in Europe since World War II.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2023/04/24/unprepared_for_long_war_us_army_under_gun_to_make_more_ammo_895474.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson