Author Topic: Trump campaign cites progressive groups, Joy Reid's blog in attacks on Ron DeSantis  (Read 710 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Former President Donald Trump's campaign on Friday launched multiple attacks on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a potential rival in the race for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, citing multiple progressive groups and far-left MSNBC host Joy Reid's blog in doing so.

In a press release titled, "The Real Ron DeSantis Playbook," Trump's campaign cited data from the National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC) and the Florida Policy Institute to blast DeSantis for what it said was data showing the state continuing "to tumble into complete and total delinquency and destruction."

Additionally, Trump later posted on Truth Social with a quote from Reid's Wednesday blog, The ReidOut, which called DeSantis' trip to Washington, D.C. to meet with lawmakers this week a "charm offensive," and "a massive failure."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/trump-campaign-cites-progressive-groups-joy-reid-s-blog-in-attacks-on-ron-desantis/ar-AA1aaJ5h
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

Former President Donald Trump's campaign on Friday launched multiple attacks on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a potential rival in the race for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, citing multiple progressive groups and far-left MSNBC host Joy Reid's blog in doing so.

In a press release titled, "The Real Ron DeSantis Playbook," Trump's campaign cited data from the National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC) and the Florida Policy Institute to blast DeSantis for what it said was data showing the state continuing "to tumble into complete and total delinquency and destruction."

Additionally, Trump later posted on Truth Social with a quote from Reid's Wednesday blog, The ReidOut, which called DeSantis' trip to Washington, D.C. to meet with lawmakers this week a "charm offensive," and "a massive failure."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/trump-campaign-cites-progressive-groups-joy-reid-s-blog-in-attacks-on-ron-desantis/ar-AA1aaJ5h

Of course
Next, he’ll use Elizabeth Warren’s blog
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 01:40:45 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

Once again his liberal stripes are showing through.   888mouth
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

In primary politics, you go after your opponent on the leanings of your party. In Democrat primaries, the candidates attack their opponents from the left. In  the GOP, it’s from the right. Of course, once somebody wins the primary and move on to the general election, they moderate their positions to try to match closely the center

Donald Trump has decided to attack his opponents from the left. This has a danger of pulling other republican candidates leftward. And the big issue I think that’s going to get lost in the Republican primary  is the spending issue. What will the other Republican candidates do if they see Donald Trump continuing to stay ahead in the polls in the Republican primary by promising big spending projects?

I think the GOP is in for a rough ride the next several years. I think they’re going to do better on the state and  local level than nationally.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 11:08:25 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

Online kevindavis007

It should be interesting if the talking heads Bongino, Levin, Hannity, Beck (maybe), and who knows who else, will still support Trump after these rounds of attacks.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline LMAO

Wait until Donald Trump suggests that Ron DeSantis should put price controls in place to control the rising cost of housing in Florida

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
In primary politics, you go after your opponent on the leanings of your party. In Democrat primaries, the candidates attack their opponents from the left. In  the GOP, it’s from the right. Of course, once somebody wins the primary and move on to the general election, they moderate their positions to try to match closely the center

Donald Trump has decided to attack his opponents from the left. This has a danger of pulling other republican candidates leftward. And the big issue I think that’s going to get lost in the Republican primary  is the spending issue. What will the other Republican candidates do if they see Donald Trump continuing to stay ahead in the polls in the Republican primary by promising big spending projects?

I think the GOP is in for a rough ride the next several years. I think they’re going to do better on the state and  local level than nationally.

I figure the primary goal at this point for 2024 should be to win both houses of Congress, or at least hold on to the House.  Assuming Trump is the nominee, I hope the RNC puts most of their money into making that the priority, because that will help us minimize the damage a leftist President can do.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 02:05:32 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

I figure the primary goal at this point for 2024 should be to win both houses of Congress, or at least hold on to the House.  Assuming Trump is the nominee, I hope the RNC puts most of their money into making that the priority, because that will help us minimize the damage a leftist President can do.

Yup

And it can be done. Even though Trump lost the 2020 election, Republicans did better than expected in downticket races.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup: