Author Topic: ‘Incitement Of Violence’: Ocasio-Cortez Calls For Regulating Conservative News  (Read 432 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Incitement Of Violence’: Ocasio-Cortez Calls For Regulating Conservative News

James Lynch
Reporter
April 23, 2023 7:04 PM ET

Democratic New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez called for regulating Fox News and other news organizations in a Sunday interview with MSNBC host Jen Psaki.

Psaki asked Ocasio-Cortez for her thoughts on Fox News’ settlement with Dominion Voting Systems for $787.5 million minutes before a defamation trial was set to begin.

“We have very real issues with what is permissible on air and we saw that with January 6th and we saw that in the lead up to January 6th. And how we navigate questions not just of freedom of speech but also accountability for incitement of violence. These are, this is the line that we have to really explore through law as well,” Ocasio-Cortez replied.

“Do you think media organizations or social media platforms should be accountable for the role, for being platforms for incitement?,” Psaki interjected. Ocasio-Cortez responded by singling out Fox News host and Daily Caller co-founder Tucker Carlson.

“I believe that when it comes to broadcast television like Fox News, these are subject to federal law, federal regulation in terms of what’s allowed on air and what isn’t. And when you look at what Tucker Carlson and what some of these other folks on Fox do, it is very, very clearly incitement of violence, very clearly incitement of violence,” she said.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/04/23/ocasio-cortez-regulating-conservative-news/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Scratch a Liberal find a Fascist.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Kamaji

Offline BellyAche

"Regulating conservative news"?  How about just letting people change the channel if they don't want to see FOX News?! Or CNN for that matter. Free will, free speech vs Woke muzzling!! 888mouth
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Tyrants seizing power always want freedom of speech muzzled.  Its also known as a one party system, (for the clueless)
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

“I believe that when it comes to broadcast television like Fox News, these are subject to federal law, federal regulation in terms of what’s allowed on air and what isn’t. And when you look at what Tucker Carlson and what some of these other folks on Fox do, it is very, very clearly incitement of violence, very clearly incitement of violence,” she said.

And this is one of the people who writes our laws.  Although fortunately, she won't be writing anything for FoxNews because it is CABLE, not broadcast over the air.

Offline Hoodat

Fascists doing what fascists do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

She unwittingly makes the case why  Congress should not be  "regulating" news organizations.

She targeted FOX for regulation. Not CNN. Not MSNBC. The reason is because FOX is an opponent. The regulations would only be applied to news organizations who ideologically are opposite of the political leanings of whoever would be in charge of regulating
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy