Author Topic: EV Charging So Bad In CA Owner Goes Back to Gas: Here’s Why  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

EV Charging So Bad In CA Owner Goes Back to Gas: Here’s Why
Story by Thom Taylor • Yesterday 2:51 PM

You would expect that the state leading the EV zeitgeist would have the best charging network, and it does. Unfortunately, the best ends up being far from the best. At least according to a Los Angeles Times staffer with her multitude of charging station problems. It is so bad she wants to trade for a hybrid instead. 
 n
Mariel Garza has had her 2020 Kia Niro EV for three years. She loves everything about the car itself, aligning with all the good things hyped over the years about electrification. But when it comes to charging centers, the list of problems the LA Times Deputy Editorial Page Editor has faced is a really bad omen to the future of electric cars.

Here are just some of the issues she and every EV driver in California, face. And this means it can be far worse beyond the Golden State borders.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/ev-charging-so-bad-in-ca-owner-goes-back-to-gas-here-s-why/ar-AA1aedX9?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a1eee54f574c4cd7a5dcb07dd99981b5&ei=15
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: EV Charging So Bad In CA Owner Goes Back to Gas: Here’s Why
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2023, 01:23:28 pm »
The problems:

Many parts of the state don’t have public fast chargers.

At many charging stations, only a few chargers are operating. In fact, researchers in the San Francisco Bay area recently put the number of functioning charging stations at 75%.

Even with helpful apps, many times a charger is hard to find. This is attributed to a number of problems. Apps only give general locations. Many charging stations can be located in odd sections of parking lots, behind buildings, are only open during business hours, or in some instances available to surrounding businesses’ paying customers.

:mauslaff: