State Chapters > Illinois

Five Hundred Black Men March in Solidarity Against Chicago's Violence: Here's What They Are Saying

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
Five Hundred Black Men March in Solidarity Against Chicago's Violence: Here's What They Are Saying
By Jeff Charles | 2:00 PM on April 23, 2023

Here’s one that won’t make it to the national news networks. Black pastors and churchgoers marched in Chicago to protest against the violence that occurred in the city last week.

The march was intended to repudiate the unrest that occurred when groups of teenagers took to the streets to vandalize vehicles and city property. Some attacked tourists and two of the teens were shot.

Fox 32 reported:

--- Quote ---    There were no large or disruptive gatherings forming in and around Chicago’s Millennium Park Saturday. What there has been – a larger police presence and others coming together to deter another teen takeover.

Half a dozen of Chicago’s most prominent African American churches collaborated in the march.

At Michigan Avenue and Roosevelt Road stood more than 500 black men in solidarity for a cause greater than themselves.
--- End quote ---

One participant told reporters: “What I think will help them is each man take one, to learn there’s another way in life, and you don’t have to go that way.”

Former Illinois State Sen. James Meeks said the participants “want to let young people know they’re supporters,” but stressed that there is “behavior accepted and not acceptable.”

more
https://redstate.com/jeffc/2023/04/23/five-hundred-black-men-march-in-solidarity-against-chicagos-violence-heres-what-they-are-saying-n735656

LMAO:
I wish them well.

But their city just elected Brandon Johnson so they are paddling upstream in raging currents

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: LMAO on April 23, 2023, 07:40:09 pm ---I wish them well.

But their city just elected Brandon Johnson so they are paddling upstream in raging currents

--- End quote ---

Yup

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version