Author Topic: Ten important reasons EPA’s auto emissions scheme makes no Net Zero sense  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ten important reasons EPA’s auto emissions scheme makes no Net Zero sense
By CFACT Ed |April 23rd, 2023|1 Comment

Draconian new Biden administration tailpipe emission regulations applied to cars, sports utility vehicles and pickups in the 2027 to 2032 model years “to combat climate change” with the goal of phasing out internal combustion engines in favor of electric vehicles (EVs) are entirely senseless and destructive.

Emphases on EVs, along with so-called “green energy” (wind turbines and solar panels), makes America increasingly dependent on rare earth minerals supplied by China and Republic of Congo.
China controls a stranglehold monopoly of about 80% of the global supply, with Congo a 90% source of vital cobalt.

Meanwhile, the same anti-drilling ideologues who push for dependence upon enormous quantities of foreign rare earth minerals mined by slave labor in China and Congo are restricting U.S. mining and processing of same under far more responsible U.S. social and environmental safeguards.
Mountain Pass in California is the sole U.S. remaining operating rare earth mine that lost two years of production due to a 2016 bankruptcy, continues to send its mined ore to China for processing.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/04/23/ten-important-reasons-epas-auto-emissions-scheme-makes-no-net-zero-sense/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson