Author Topic: "Entire Downtown Is Effectively Dead:" Baltimore City Descends Further Into Turmoil  (Read 759 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

"Entire Downtown Is Effectively Dead:" Baltimore City Descends Further Into Turmoil

BY TYLER DURDEN
SATURDAY, APR 22, 2023 - 09:00 PM

Downtown Baltimore is plagued with shootings, carjackings, muggings, and out-of-control packs of teenagers wreaking havoc. Baltimore residents can thank five decades of Democrat politicians for mismanaging this once-thriving town.

Earlier this month, the Inner Harbor district was overrun by hundreds of teenagers that resembled an apocalyptic scene from a Hollywood or Netflix movie. The video below might provide some insight into why people are shunning the area, which caused a plunge in foot traffic, making it difficult for retail stores to survive.

This leaves us with local media outlet Baltimore Brew's reporting about a mall situated on the waterfront, once popular with tourists and residents, had lots of activity, and is now nothing more than a ghost town.

"I knew this place had gone down. But I didn't know it was this bad!" exclaimed Patel, a California software engineer who recalled eating at a restaurant in the waterfront mall about a decade ago. He said, "I remember it being pretty nice back then."

All that's left of the mall is a Hooters restaurant. Baltimore Brew's pictures show almost every other store has moved out.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/entire-downtown-effectively-dead-baltimore-city-descends-further-hellhole
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Another democrat success! :tongue2:
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline Kamaji

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The Inner Harbor used to be a really nice part of Baltimore - a legit tourist destination ruined by criminals and Democrat politicians who coddle them.

Offline LMAO

This is going to be a trend
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

The Inner Harbor used to be a really nice part of Baltimore - a legit tourist destination ruined by criminals and Democrat politicians who coddle them.

Yup.  I remember going down there with my father 30 years ago.

Offline libertybele

This is going to be a trend

For cities under DEM rule absolutely.  Are people truly voting this kind of leadership in or are elections being stolen in order to create the chaos that those in power want in order to bring down our Republic?  I can't help but wonder.  Who really wants to live in a city so dangerous with murders, rapes, thefts, assaults, etc?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The real problem for cities like Baltimore is much bigger.   Remote working has made cities as hubs for business much less essential than they used to be.  The loss of downtown workers hurts restaurants and bars enough as it is, but when you add rampant crime to the mix, people with money are rapidly going to run out of persuasive reasons to come into the cities at all.  All that is really left as a reason for their existence is cultural stuff, but if that goes too, then the tax base dries up.  That makes all the above problems worse because there isn't enough money to provide an acceptable level of essential services, much less improve the city.

It's pretty much an urban death spiral.

Offline verga

You repeated yourself.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.