Author Topic: The Veterans Crisis Line is fielding a record number of cries for help, VA stats show  (Read 89 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The Veterans Crisis Line is fielding a record number of cries for help, VA stats show
Story by Melissa Chan • Yesterday 11:00 AM

The Veterans Crisis Line is fielding a record number of cries for help, the Department of Veterans Affairs said, amid increased mental health concerns for post-9/11 veterans and service members.

The suicide hotline received more than 88,000 calls, texts and chats in March — the highest amount of monthly contacts it has ever had, according to new federal data obtained by NBC News.

Last month’s figure is nearly 28% higher than the busiest of any month in the first 10 months of the pandemic and 15% higher than August 2021, when calls surged after Kabul fell to the Taliban.

“We’re on the front end of a mental health tsunami,” said Scott Mann, a retired Army lieutenant colonel who served three tours in Afghanistan.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/the-veterans-crisis-line-is-fielding-a-record-number-of-cries-for-help-va-stats-show/ar-AA1abWHX
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I've been out of the military almost 47 years and it feels sometimes like I'm going to sh*t my pants reading about how the military is destroying itself.  I can only imagine the terror of being on active duty watching it happen. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson