Author Topic: New York Democrats in Congress aren't backing Adams blasting Biden for migrant surge  (Read 390 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York Democrats in Congress aren't backing Adams blasting Biden for migrant surge
by Asher Notheis, Breaking News Reporter |
 April 22, 2023 12:32 PM

New York City Mayor Eric Adams is seemingly on his own in regards to Democrats criticizing the Biden administration, claiming the Big Apple is "being destroyed by the migrant crisis."

Adams's critique of President Joe Biden comes after he criticized the Biden administration for refusing to provide New York City with additional financial relief, despite how the city has been forced to house more than 56,000 migrants across over 100 taxpayer-funded shelters. New York Democrats, such as Sen. Chuck Schumer, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, have remained notably quiet regarding the Biden administration's handling of funding regarding immigrants, according to the New York Post.

“He’s trying to throw the weight off him onto the president, whom he’s criticized before, and it’s very unlikely that big city mayors or the federal officials want to join him,” political consultant Hank Sheinkopf told the New York Post regarding Adams. “They cannot criticize an incumbent president, which is what Adams has done this week. They’re thinking: You never come back from attacking the president of your own party.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/immigration/new-york-democrats-in-congress-arent-backing-adams-blasting-biden-for-migrant-surge
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If Brandon said the sky is orange, democrats in the District of Corruption would agree with him. 10631
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

You get what you vote for.