Author Topic: Phil Jackson says he has not tuned into much NBA since 2020 social justice statement  (Read 239 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 22, 2023 4:04pm EDT
Phil Jackson says he has not tuned into much NBA since 2020 social justice statements: 'Couldn't watch that'
‘People want to see sports as non-political’
Joe Morgan
By Joe Morgan | Fox News

Legendary NBA coach Phil Jackson isn’t watching much basketball these days as the 11-time NBA champion coach said the game has become too political.

On the "Tetragrammaton with Rick Rubin" podcast, Jackson was asked whether he's been watching a good amount of NBA basketball since his retirement from coaching in 2011. "No. I don’t," he replied.

Jackson said he stopped watching a lot of games after the NBA Bubble in Orlando, Florida, which was created in order to finish the 2019-2020 season during the COVID-19 pandemic.

"They went into the lockout year, and they did something that was kind of wonky. They did a bubble down in Orlando, and all the teams that could qualify went down there, and stayed down there," he continued. "And they had things on their backs like ‘Justice.’ I made a little funny thing like, 'Justice just went to the basket and Equal Opportunity just knocked him down.'  . . . So, my grandkids thought that was pretty funny to play up those names. So, I couldn't watch that."

Jackson seemed to be discussing the NBA allowing players to wear social justice messages on the backs of their jerseys during the bubble in Orlando.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/phil-jackson-says-nba-trying-cater-audience-during-covid-19-orlando-bubble-got-political
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Never cared much for Phil, but I love this.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org