Author Topic: Questionable Stock Trade Patterns in Ramaswamy's Wall Street Past  (Read 299 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Questionable Stock Trade Patterns in Ramaswamy's Wall Street Past
« on: September 25, 2023, 09:54:33 pm »
https://www.newsweek.com/we-have-some-questions-vivek-ramaswamy-about-how-he-made-his-millions-opinion-1829438

By JEFFREY SONNENFELD & STEVEN TIAN
September 24, 2023

With Vivek Ramaswamy rising fast in the 2024 presidential primary polls, his pre-politics career as a biotech entrepreneur has faced growing scrutiny over allegations of pump and dump tactics. But one crucial part of his past has so far been overlooked: his short but extremely lucrative stint on Wall Street as a hedge fund investor.

Our team carefully mined the Securities and Exchange Commission's filings archives and Ramaswamy's own prior statements to recreate and analyze some of his investment history on Wall Street. What we found was shocking.

While he was at Yale Law School, Ramaswamy also worked for a hedge fund, QVT Financial. In the span of one year, Ramaswamy and his company invested in three companies—Pharmasset, Inhibitex, and Anadys, all firms in the highly esoteric field of hepatitis C treatments within biotech. And they were all acquired in major takeovers, with Ramaswamy fortuitously buying in or dramatically upping QVT's stake right around the time secret acquisition talks began in every case.

(Excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Questionable Stock Trade Patterns in Ramaswamy's Wall Street Past
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 10:10:36 pm »
The Organ Grinder’s Monkey
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2023, 10:29:03 pm »
Yet anoher reason not to vote for him!  The smiling bubble gum commercial man continues to raise doubts.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2023, 10:33:04 pm »
Thanks for finding and sharing.  I find the Hedgers as some of the slimiest of the slime on earth.

Squeezing money on bad news, and on the backs of hard working folks?  This by itself, puts Swammy in the "hell no" category
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.