Author Topic: New York woman fatally shot in wrong driveway: What we know about alleged shooter, victim  (Read 134 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York woman fatally shot in wrong driveway: What we know about alleged shooter, victim
Thao Nguyen
USA TODAY

A man charged with second-degree murder for shooting a 20-year-old woman after the vehicle she was in took a wrong turn into an upstate New York driveway was known for his bitterness towards people driving onto his property by mistake, according to a neighbor.

Kaylin Gillis and her friends mistakenly drove onto the property of Kevin Monahan, 65, on Saturday night in the rural town of Hebron, when Monahan fired at their vehicles as they tried to turn around and killed Gillis, Washington County Sheriff Jeffrey Murphy said.

"While they were leaving the residence once they determined that they were at the wrong house, the subject came out on his porch for whatever reason and fired two shots, one of which struck the vehicle that Kaylin was in," Murphy said during a news conference Monday.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/04/18/new-york-man-wrong-turn-shooting-disliked-trespassers-neighbor/11691239002/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson