Author Topic: Yesterday’s Conspiracy Theory Becomes Today’s Fact  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Yesterday’s Conspiracy Theory Becomes Today’s Fact
« on: April 22, 2023, 04:05:07 pm »
Yesterday’s Conspiracy Theory Becomes Today’s Fact
Posted on April 21, 2023 by Baron Bodissey

Corona Polizei with recalcitrant dissident

Many thanks to Hellequin GB for translating this article from AUF1. The translator’s comments are in square brackets:

System media give tips on dealing with “conspiracy theorists”

In the last three years, the term “conspiracy theory” has become the ultimate killer argument, used to smear anyone who dares to contradict the worldview dictated by government and mainstream media. The accusation is so well-suited to effectively undermining the basic right to freedom of expression that left-wing media are now even giving tips on how best to use it in everyday life to silence dissidents.

So “n-tv” now sees itself compelled to provide a comprehensive report on how to deal with alleged conspiracy theorists in the workplace. The pathologization of dissenting views as a kind of disease against which rules of conduct and “hygiene” are recommended has come a long way from the “special treatment” and psychiatrization of political dissidents. [“Hygiene”?Why does this sound so eerily familiar?]

Those who deviate are paranoid

The simple formula here: Anyone who takes critical and questioning positions on things such as globalism, the Great Reset, the background to the big “pandemic” and climate narratives or the active promotion of mass migration is declared a paranoid nutcase. It is claimed that the alleged problem of “conspiracy stories”, according to “n-tv”, has become clear “particularly in the past few years surrounding the Corona pandemic.” However, there is no explanation of how exactly this was expressed.

https://gatesofvienna.net/2023/04/yesterdays-conspiracy-theory-becomes-todays-fact/#more-55485
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson