Author Topic: A REMINDER OF THE WHAT MARINE CORPS IS ALL ABOUT, COURTESY OF RECRUITING STATION MONTGOMERY  (Read 99 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A REMINDER OF THE WHAT MARINE CORPS IS ALL ABOUT, COURTESY OF RECRUITING STATION MONTGOMERY
Alex Hollings | March 20, 2023

Last weekend, Sandoxx’s director of Military Relations, Paul Davis, and I were invited to attend an event held by the command element of Marine Corps Recruiting Station Montgomery, Alabama. And while I traveled to this event with the intent of learning more about the challenges faced by recruiters today, the day of training, team building, and comradery that I observed served as something more… a reminder of what the Marine Corps truly is all about.

Despite the challenging recruiting environment that the military is experiencing since the beginning of the COVID pandemic, the recruiters of RS Montgomery, with substations sprawled across the Southeast, have achieved their recruiting goals for the past five straight months. Paul Davis had been invited to the event as the Guest of Honor, but I attended with the intent of learning more about how RS Montgomery’s recruiters were succeeding, while so many other military recruiters continue to struggle.

I quickly learned that there was no secret to RS Montgomery’s success, but rather what made them successful was the effective use of the same principles Marines leverage to make mission all around the world every day: hard work, adapting to new circumstances, and strong, thoughtful leadership.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/a-reminder-of-the-what-marine-corps-is-all-about-courtesy-of-recruiting-station-montgomery/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It's what they used to be about.  Now they are into rainbow-colored bullets, gay rights, CRT, and wokeness.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson