Author Topic: Revolutionary War soldiers slated for reburial 243 years after battle  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Revolutionary War soldiers slated for reburial 243 years after battle
By Jonathan Lehrfeld
 Apr 21, 11:02 AM

The rediscovered remains of American Revolutionary War soldiers who died in South Carolina more than 240 years ago are set to be reinterred this weekend in a ceremony to honor their sacrifice to a budding nation.

Archeologists excavated the skeletal remains of 14 individuals in fall 2022 at the Camden Battlefield, the site of a 1780 British victory during America’s fight for independence.

“Honoring these heroes in a respectful manner and ensuring the permanent protection of their remains continues to be the mission of this effort,” Doug Bostick, CEO of the South Carolina Battleground Preservation Trust, said in a release.

The reburial of the unknown soldiers will honor some of America’s earliest fallen and advance current understanding of how the important battle unfolded.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2023/04/21/revolutionary-war-soldiers-slated-for-reburial-243-years-after-battle/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Revolutionary War soldiers slated for reburial 243 years after battle
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 02:09:34 pm »
Can they tell from the bones if the person was gay or trannie?  What pronoun will be used at the burial? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Revolutionary War soldiers slated for reburial 243 years after battle
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 02:23:38 pm »
Even cooler would be if they did some y-dna testing, and were able to determine who each soldier was via descendent matching. By either via direct or uncle.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.