Author Topic: The expensive impossibility of green hydrogen from part-time wind and solar  (Read 122 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The expensive impossibility of green hydrogen from part-time wind and solar
By Frank Lasee |April 21st, 2023

There has been some new thinking from the anti-CO2 religionists. The fact that the world is desperately short of lithium and cobalt for electric vehicle batteries, at the scale they want to force, is dawning on them. There isn’t enough and likely will not be enough in the coming decades to meet the electric batteries demand. Certainly not enough for grid scale electric batteries too.
The climate alarmists haven’t let the facts get in the way of their unrealistic green fantasy of averting climate doom with part-time wind and solar. That it could somehow replace all the coal, oil, and natural gas we use, which provide us with 80% of our energy.

Except one huge, huge problem. Wind and solar produce little or no energy 70% of the time.

Reliable, full-time, on demand electricity keeps the heat going and the lights on when it is dark, and the wind is not blowing. The new expensive, impractical, and impossible federal $9.5 billion hydrogen subsidies talking point is wasted spending.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/04/21/the-expensive-impossibility-of-green-hydrogen-from-part-time-wind-and-solar/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-expensive-impossibility-of-green-hydrogen-from-part-time-wind-and-solar&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-expensive-impossibility-of-green-hydrogen-from-part-time-wind-and-solar
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson