Author Topic: Environmentalism crashes into a lithium iceberg  (Read 114 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Environmentalism crashes into a lithium iceberg
« on: April 22, 2023, 10:44:43 am »
Environmentalism crashes into a lithium iceberg
By Duggan Flanakin |April 20th, 2023

The once-Titanic environmental movement has is dead — crushed by the climate iceberg. The world has shifted from clean air and clean water to “clean” energy that is not clean at all. Real environmental concerns over renewable energy – damage to endangered right whales and bald eagles from wind turbines, water use and contamination and toxic waste from lithium and cobalt mining – are not even part of the conversation.

The ill-fated voyage of the Titanic ended when it ran smack dab into a giant iceberg, 90 percent of which was below the surface. The worldwide push for electric vehicles, which has no greater cheerleaders than U.S. President Joe Biden and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, is like a killer iceberg with dirty little secrets hidden far under the surface by a compliant media.

Biden just this week stepped up his crusade to force Americans to buy lithium-battery electric vehicles with proposed CO2 emission standards. This despite the fact that a large majority of people today still prefer the internal combustion engines they have relied upon for over a century.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/04/20/environmentalism-crashes-into-a-lithium-iceberg/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson