Author Topic: Top Officials Warned Biden WH That Wind Energy Posed Danger To Marine Life  (Read 123 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY THOMAS CATENACCI ON APR 21, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Top Officials Warned Biden WH That Wind Energy Posed Danger To Marine Life

dead whale coastThe executive directors of three federally established fishery councils along the East Coast expressed concern last year about the threats posed by offshore wind energy projects.

In an Aug. 22 letter to former Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) Director Amanda Lefton, the three officials — who respectively lead the New England, Mid-Atlantic, and South Atlantic Fishery Management Councils — expressed concern about current processes for approving offshore wind development. [emphasis, links added]

They also made a series of recommendations to help the federal government mitigate impacts on fisheries.

“As we have stated in several past comment letters to BOEM, we are very concerned about the cumulative impacts of multiple wind energy projects on the fisheries we manage,” they stated in the letter. “The multiple wind energy projects planned along the East Coast will have cumulative and compounding effects on our fisheries.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/top-officials-warned-biden-wh-that-wind-energy-posed-danger-to-marine-life/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson