Author Topic: Trump Bashes DeSantis, Says Florida 'Continues to Tumble Into Complete and Total...Destruction  (Read 7954 times)

Offline kevindavis007

im still convinced that it was the denocrats who got the donny elected.

they knew hillary wouldnt be.... and worked to help CHOOSE her opponent....... starting with voting for him in the open  primaries.

id doubt that he knew what was up.......

I think that is what happened. I just wish the talking heads who promoted Trump see that.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Whatever @libertybele   While you've probably spent a lot of time on your post, I simply do not have the time or inclination to wade through so much  :bs:   --- yet again. 

I hope you enjoy your evening.

@Right_in_Virginia your full of yourself; the B.S. runs deep with you. Careful now, you keep stepping in your own pile and there's no coming back.  :rolling:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
That makes me sick to my stomach....

Just think, a former president who is running again is bashing a conservative.

Personally, I think he's trying to divide the GOP base; just as the DEMS want.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Wow.  So first, she demands that people actually respond to her post with substance:

What part of debating the actual contents and substance of a statement instead of the motives of the author or the messenger angers you?

Then, when someone does, she says she doesn't have time or inclination to read it:

Whatever @libertybele   While you've probably spent a lot of time on your post, I simply do not have the time or inclination to wade through so much  :bs:   --- yet again. 

I hope you enjoy your evening.

That takes a special kind of chutzpah, but it's just part of the pattern.  I responded to the substance earlier by pointing out that most of her rankings we're highly subjective determinations by left-wing sources biased towards activist government.  @Hoodat pointed out that Trump himself has directly contradicted what her post asserted.  Yet, she didn't respond to us either.  And now, she doesn't respond to @libertybele.

Anyone else sensing a pattern?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 10:25:26 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

I think that is what happened. I just wish the talking heads who promoted Trump see that.
I have always found it a bit troubling that very soon after Cruz announced, Trump jumped in.  He immediately started attacking and bullying his GOP opponents.  Then he started making really nasty remarks, like the remarks towards Carly Fiorina; "Look at that face", and about  Meghan Kelly, had "blood coming out of her wherever".  He was relentless against Cruz.

He remained soft on Hillary the whole time.  He never locked her up as promised.

I have thought numerous times that perhaps the DEMS had him jump into the GOP side to destroy Cruz.  The DEMS couldn't afford for him to win.

I think it surprised Hillary, the DEMS and even Trump that he won. 

I did not vote for him in the primaries.  I did vote against Hillary.  I will NOT vote for Trump again.

He's never lost his "NYC values".  His ties with the Clintons should have been a red flag.  He is good a marketing himself and just obliterating his opponents verbally and using whatever smear tactics are needed to succeed; lie after lie, insult after insult. 

As time goes on the more he disgusts me. 

Offline LMAO

Anyone else sensing a pattern?

Yup

When I posted a link disputing the tax claim, for example,  from Charlie Crist about Ron DeSantis that she posted, that was not done to change her mind. That was done to show other posters here why that claim is not true.

So I did my part. And if she believes that is not correct, she is obligated to provide a counter point beyond just a Tweet.

You can’t just post a claim, even if it’s made by someone else, and then claim victimhood when someone comes along and disputes it

It’s not that far removed from claiming every critique of Donald Trump is because he’s orange and rude and rich

« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 10:36:16 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

I have always found it a bit troubling that very soon after Cruz announced, Trump jumped in.  He immediately started attacking and bullying his GOP opponents.  Then he started making really nasty remarks, like the remarks towards Carly Fiorina; "Look at that face", and about  Meghan Kelly, had "blood coming out of her wherever".  He was relentless against Cruz.

He remained soft on Hillary the whole time.  He never locked her up as promised.

I have thought numerous times that perhaps the DEMS had him jump into the GOP side to destroy Cruz.  The DEMS couldn't afford for him to win.

I think it surprised Hillary, the DEMS and even Trump that he won. 

I did not vote for him in the primaries.  I did vote against Hillary.  I will NOT vote for Trump again.

He's never lost his "NYC values".  His ties with the Clintons should have been a red flag.  He is good a marketing himself and just obliterating his opponents verbally and using whatever smear tactics are needed to succeed; lie after lie, insult after insult. 

As time goes on the more he disgusts me.

I believe every successful red state governor should enter the primary. You would see a meltdown of epic proportion from Donald Trump. It would be so bad that even the most dedicated of MAGA couldn’t spin it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

they knew hillary wouldnt be.... and worked to help CHOOSE her opponent....... starting with voting for him in the open  primaries.

id doubt that he knew what was up.......

I don’t buy it

Up until election night, Hillary Clinton was absolutely convinced it was hers. Remember that video at Hillary Clinton headquarters were Bill Clinton was doing that happy dance? He believed he was just an election away from being back in the White House.

I am willing to bet the temper tantrums at Hillary Clinton headquarters were epic. Didn’t it take her like two days to finally come out and make a speech? She needed that long to recover from her meltdown

Barry Goldwater

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia your full of yourself; the B.S. runs deep with you. Careful now, you keep stepping in your own pile and there's no coming back. 

Whatever you say @libertybele

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I believe every successful red state governor should enter the primary. You would see a meltdown of epic proportion from Donald Trump. It would be so bad that even the most dedicated of MAGA couldn’t spin it

I don't think it's that easy; guidelines/laws of some states would prevent them from entering while still acting as governor. 

I still stand by my very strong feeling that at this point in time, it is better for the conservative movement if we have as many conservative governors as possible and conservatives at the local levels; sheriffs, mayors, school board members, city councilmen, etc.

We can only hope that we can win a decent majority both chambers at the federal level. (Unlikely at the rate things are going).

Offline LMAO

We can only hope that we can win a decent majority both chambers at the federal level. (Unlikely at the rate things are going).

Actually, likely

The Democrats have more seats to defend in the Senate in 2024. If we hold the House, and take the Senate, we could at least get gridlock for the rest of Biden’s, or Newsomes, tenure

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I don’t buy it

Up until election night, Hillary Clinton was absolutely convinced it was hers. Remember that video at Hillary Clinton headquarters were Bill Clinton was doing that happy dance? He believed he was just an election away from being back in the White House.

I am willing to bet the temper tantrums at Hillary Clinton headquarters were epic. Didn’t it take her like two days to finally come out and make a speech? She needed that long to recover from her meltdown

Yes, up until that night she, the polls, and the MSM all thought it was hers -- she did win the popular vote though and that is why the DEMS were talking about changing the electoral college. 

She didn't campaign very hard and smuggly thought she had the presidency in the bag.  They didn't realize that Trump didn't like to lose and wasn't about to lose face.

The election was stolen in 2020, but it sure doesn't seem Trump learned anything.

Offline LMAO

She didn't campaign very hard and smuggly thought she had the presidency in the bag

Yup.

Trump lucked out with Hillary in 2016. Her refusal to campaign in certain states while calling people in the heartland deplorable plus her high unpopularity along with the e-mail scandal and her giving the middle finger to the law created the perfect conditions for Trump to win

She does not have her husband’s relatability and political skills. She assumed the Clinton name was enough

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

I 100% agree that the Dems gave Trump the GOP nomination (like they tried with McCain in 2000 and finally did in 2008).  But not the win over Hillary.

The free publicity that Trump received in 2016 was uncanny.  With Trump dominating every news cycle for over a year, no other GOP candidate had a chance.  Especially after Trump jumped in bed with the GOP Establishment, giving them free reign over every aspect of his administration.  He may be the most pro-Swamp Republican ever.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Whatever you say @libertybele

What about what Trump says, @Right_in_Virginia ?  Was he telling the truth?

"[ I ] have a lot of confidence in Ron DeSantis, a lot of faith in Ron Desantis to make the right decision."

"He's been doing a great job and working very hard."

"He's a great governor.  He's done an incredible job."

"He's doing a great job as governor."

"He's been a fantastic governor for Florida.  They are very happy with him."

"One of the greatest governors in our country.  And I know a lot of good ones.  And I can tell you there are some really bad ones, too.  But this is a great one - Governor Ron DeSantis."

"Were in a place called 'Florida' and we have a great governor."

"Great governor, knows exactly what he is doing."

"Governor of Florida Ron DeSantis has done a spectacular job in Florida."

"[DeSantis] enjoys very high popularity, and that's for a reason.  The reason is he's doing a good job."

"He's done a lot of things right."

-Donald J. Trump-

I believe everyone here deserves an answer.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

https://twitter.com/JoelWeingart_/status/1650148245924900864

Humiliate DeSantis more than Biden?  Just goes to show what level of a piece of shit Donald J. Trump is.

I hope he goes down in flames.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I 100% agree that the Dems gave Trump the GOP nomination (like they tried with McCain in 2000 and finally did in 2008).  But not the win over Hillary.

The free publicity that Trump received in 2016 was uncanny.  With Trump dominating every news cycle for over a year, no other GOP candidate had a chance.  Especially after Trump jumped in bed with the GOP Establishment, giving them free reign over every aspect of his administration.  He may be the most pro-Swamp Republican ever.

I don't think they were purposefully trying to help Trump in 2016.   They just, like the RINO's, never understood his appeal to those who supported him.

They truly believed that Jeb Bush was more representative of the average Republican voter than was Donald Trump.  So, they fully expected their attacks on Trump to sink his campaign.  What they didn't understand was that many of the things for which they criticized Trump actually helped him among his core supporters by convincing them he was authentic.  I think they, just like Jeb Bush, were dumbfounded that their attacks didn't work.

I think that's made clear by the fact that many of their attacks on him clearly did not help him with anyone.  The "grab them by the bleep" comment, allegations that he was in bed with the Russians, and all the other stories about issues with women did not, and weren't intended to, help his candidacy. They just weren't over enough to overcome his appeal to his supporters.

That doesn't mean there weren't some Democrats who hoped he would win the nomination because they thought he would be easy to beat in the general election.  It's just that I don't believe there was a coordinated campaign to help his primary candidacy simply because they didn't understand the Republican electorate well enough to do that.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 02:17:19 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

I don't think they were purposefully trying to help Trump in 2016.   They just, like the RINO's, never understood his appeal to those who supported him.

They truly believed that Jeb Bush was more representative of the average Republican voter than was Donald Trump.  So, they fully expected their attacks on Trump to sink his campaign.  What they didn't understand was that many of the things for which they criticized Trump actually helped him among his core supporters by convincing them he was authentic.  I think they, just like Jeb Bush, were dumbfounded that their attacks didn't work.

I think that's made clear by the fact that many of their attacks on him clearly did not help him with anyone.  The "grab them by the bleep" comment, allegations that he was in bed with the Russians, and all the other stories about issues with women did not, and weren't intended to, help his candidacy. They just weren't over enough to overcome his appeal to his supporters.

That doesn't mean there weren't some Democrats who hoped he would win the nomination because they thought he would be easy to beat in the general election.  It's just that I don't believe there was a coordinated campaign to help his primary candidacy simply because they didn't understand the Republican electorate well enough to do that.

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

What about what Trump says, @Right_in_Virginia ?  Was he telling the truth?

"[ I ] have a lot of confidence in Ron DeSantis, a lot of faith in Ron Desantis to make the right decision."

"He's been doing a great job and working very hard."

"He's a great governor.  He's done an incredible job."

"He's doing a great job as governor."

"He's been a fantastic governor for Florida.  They are very happy with him."

"One of the greatest governors in our country.  And I know a lot of good ones.  And I can tell you there are some really bad ones, too.  But this is a great one - Governor Ron DeSantis."

"Were in a place called 'Florida' and we have a great governor."

"Great governor, knows exactly what he is doing."

"Governor of Florida Ron DeSantis has done a spectacular job in Florida."

"[DeSantis] enjoys very high popularity, and that's for a reason.  The reason is he's doing a good job."

"He's done a lot of things right."

-Donald J. Trump-

I believe everyone here deserves an answer.

You won’t get an answer, because the safe path is not to answer.  The only argument they could make, although untrue, would be something along the lines of “when Trump made those statements, Florida was doing well, but now it’s doing terrible under Ron DeSantis and the Republicans”

Nobody but the most dedicated of MAGAs or a lefty buys that. My sister lives in Florida and she asks the same question why Donald Trump doesn’t leave the state
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 03:08:50 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Nobody but the most dedicated of MAGAs or a lefty buys that. My sister lives in Florida and she asks the same question why Donald Trump doesn’t leave the state

Because State political administrations come and go?

His properties however are nonhomogeneous.   wink777 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LMAO

Because State political administrations come and go?

His properties however are nonhomogeneous.   wink777

With housing prices and demand in Florida, Trump could sell his property down there quickly and probably make a good profit

But that still doesn’t answer the question of why did he move down there when DeSantis was governor, praised him, and then only when he thinks DeSantis is a threat is suddenly Florida a terrible place to live? Do you agree with Trump’s current assessment that Florida is failing under the leadership of Ron DeSantis and the Republican statehouse? Is it his position that it would’ve been better had Charlie Crist been elected along with the Democrats?

His current attack is really bizarre. But he’s making it from his left wing and I expect that to get worse as the primary continues especially if Ron DeSantis and maybe another republican governor or two enter

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

What’s even more bizarre about what Trump is doing is that that he is now arguing against one of the  main conservative positions that if you lower taxes and reduce the regulatory burden on businesses and individuals, the economy grows, and you can run surpluses from the business activity and economic activity. That’s been proven, not only in states  like Florida, but in Texas and the Dakotas as well. Also, watch what happens in Arkansas under Sarah Sanders.

Of course, that came with challenges in Florida. They had almost a half a million people move to Florida in one year so keeping up with housing becomes a challenge, especially during a time of supply chain crunches.

Florida is running a near record surplus under Ron DeSantis and the Republicans. Whereas Trump’s new boy, Gavin Newsom, is running a huge budget deficit. I’m gonna have to disagree strongly with Trump and the MAGA’s and I think I’ll take the Florida model over the California model.

Ron DeSantis existing has really discombobulated Trump and his MAGA’s. They’re making left-wing arguments just to be different. And Trump  knows that lowering taxes and lowering regulations helps with economic growth.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 03:33:00 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Trumps surge to the left on spending and attacking successful Republican leadership in Florida, seems odd to those of us who are conservative. But I do have a theory of what Trump is doing here.

Back when he ran in 2016, he tried to court Bernie Sanders voters. And it worked to a degree. I think he’s deploying that same strategy now but I don’t think it’s gonna really work this time because those Bernie Sanders voters who were at least willing to vote for Donald Trump in 2016 are gone.

I think he believes that if conservatives abandon him, especially if a conservative jumps into the Republican primary, he’ll win without Conservative voters and just replace them with Bernie Sanders voters.

I predict he will continue to lurch leftward. And watch it intensify, if and when DeSantis gets in the mix

Here’s the story from 2016 that might back up why I believe my theory might be correct

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/beneath-close-election-contest-lie-deep-rifts-groups/story?id=43253122

Beneath a Close Election Contest Lie Deep Rifts Among Groups (POLL)
Profound rifts among groups lie beneath the close presidential contest.
ByGARY LANGER, SOFI SINOZICH, CHAD KIEWIET DE JONGE and GREGORY HOLYK
November 3, 2016, 6:00 AM

2:52
Clinton, Trump Make All-Out Campaign Push
ABC News' Jon Karl and political analys...Read More
— -- Profound rifts among groups lie beneath the close presidential contest, underscoring the country’s fundamental political divisions not only by gender, education, race and ethnicity but also by factors ranging from religious belief to residential area.

Overall, likely voters divide 47 to 45 percent between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in the latest ABC News/Washington Post tracking poll. Third-party candidates Gary Johnson and Jill Stein have 3 and 2 percent support, respectively.

There’s a 22 point gender gap in the contest, nearly double the norm in elections since 1976. And that pales compared with other gaps — 44 points between college- and non-college-educated whites, 65 points between whites and nonwhites, 66 points between rural and urban residents and 97 points between white evangelicals and likely voters who don’t profess a particular religion.

Overall, the race has gone from up 1 point for Trump to even to up 2 points for Clinton in four-night averages in this poll, produced for ABC by Langer Research Associates. These are not significant changes, given the survey’s sample size, about 1,100 likely voters. That said, Trump has had a nonsignificant but numerical advantage just twice in ABC/Post polls, up 2 points in a two-way test May 19 and up 1 point Oct. 30.

Clinton has held significant and even substantial leads, but these have been sensitive to events and propensity to vote, given the lukewarm nature of her support (and Trump’s).

This is reflected in levels of strong enthusiasm for the candidates — tepid overall, with patterns among groups that help identify their strengths and weaknesses. Trump has a 7 point edge in strong enthusiasm, with challenges in enthusiasm for Clinton among independents.

Another factor, early voting, has accelerated, up from 21 percent of likely voters Oct. 30 to 27 percent now. After starting better for Clinton, vote preferences in this group have tightened to 50 percent for Clinton, 45 percent for Trump in the latest four-night average.

Primary Support
Resolving one lingering question from the primaries, Clinton has shored up her support among Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents who preferred Bernie Sanders for the nomination; 82 percent of them now support her, up from a low of 70 percent in July. Still, she loses 8 percent of former Sanders supporters to Trump and 7 percent to Stein or Johnson.

Trump is not making any arguments along the lines of “Ok. People may be happy in Florida with their leadership. But Ron DeSantis has a Republican StateHouse that makes it easier for him. I’ve had to deal with Democrats and establishment Republicans and I will have a better luck bringing the Florida model to the country.”   His basically likening Florida to a Third World hellhole because he knows he will not attract Bernie Sanders type voters if he looks at the Florida model for the nation.

And that is why I think the republican party is going to be in for a fight not just this election cycle but probably at least a couple more. Big government populism versus conservatism.

My wife knew a couple that supported Bernie Sanders, but did vote for Trump in 2016, but then voted for Biden in 2020
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 06:47:13 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Why wouldn't Trump be a profligate spender with other people's money? ... along with the Dems and establishment Repubs
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright