General Category > Elections 2024

Trump Bashes DeSantis, Says Florida 'Continues to Tumble Into Complete and Total...Destruction

<< < (37/38) > >>

GrouchoTex:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on April 23, 2023, 04:19:04 pm ---. It will be a first.  Biden runs from his basement. Trump from his jail cell.  What a country.  The two major parties are unable to come up with something better than two reprobates. Sad days ahead for sure.

--- End quote ---

Kind of felt that back in 2016....
"Was this the best the 2 parties could do?"

I was happy that Trump's administration wasn't as left-wing as I thought it would be.
I will 100% agree he'd be better than Biden, back in 2020 and upcoming 2024.

I still have to wonder if history will repeat and I say when the nominating is all done...

To be fair, I think I've felt this way since Dubya vs, Algore, but am I alone in thinking it is progressively going down hill?

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: GrouchoTex on April 26, 2023, 07:39:10 pm ---Kind of felt that back in 2016....

I was happy that Trump's administration wasn't as left-wing as I thought it would be.
I will 100% agree he'd be better than Biden, back in 2020 and upcoming 2024.

--- End quote ---

I would agree with that (your bolded) in the short term...

--- Quote ---I still have to wonder if history will repeat and I say when the nominating is all done...

To be fair, I think I've felt this way since Dubya vs, Algore, but am I alone in thinking it is progressively going down hill?

--- End quote ---

The first part answers the second: You get more of what you vote *FOR*... In the aggregate, your short term observation is exactly what has filled the Republican party with 'lesser' evil.

GrouchoTex:
@roamer_1

I agree with you but I'll add that there is something more.

We've been warned that things from the rise of TV ownership to smartphones today, that these would lower our reasoning, our ability to think.
We were forewarned that we would become accustomed to to and, possibly, rejoice in, finding the lowest common denominator.
As long as we have water, power, shelter, Netflix, and a microwave, we are better off than most of the planet, so we dare not question anything outside of our wheelhouse.
We have practiced acceptance so long that it has become 2nd nature.

Ramblin' a bit, I guess.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: GrouchoTex on April 26, 2023, 08:11:13 pm ---@roamer_1

I agree with you but I'll add that there is something more.

We've been warned that things from the rise of TV ownership to smartphones today, that these would lower our reasoning, our ability to think.
We were forewarned that we would become accustomed to to and, possibly, rejoice in, finding the lowest common denominator.
As long as we have water, power, shelter, Netflix, and a microwave, we are better off than most of the planet, so we dare not question anything outside of our wheelhouse.
We have practiced acceptance so long that it has become 2nd nature.

Ramblin' a bit, I guess.

--- End quote ---

@GtHawk

Ramblin' perhaps, but true on its face.  :beer:
And in which the truism becomes true: Democracies (broad sense, republics included) end in apathy... It is a hard wish, but would that the times become so hard as to remind us all before it is too late.

GrouchoTex:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on April 26, 2023, 08:21:43 pm ---
@GtHawk

Ramblin' perhaps, but true on its face.  :beer:
And in which the truism becomes true: Democracies (broad sense, republics included) end in apathy... It is a hard wish, but would that the times become so hard as to remind us all before it is too late.

--- End quote ---

@roamer_1

I had hoped that COVID would have provided that spark back to the rational, but, alas, it was not to be.
The populace was far too eager to acquiesce and accept.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version