Author Topic: Trump Bashes DeSantis, Says Florida 'Continues to Tumble Into Complete and Total...Destruction  (Read 7941 times)

Offline LMAO

Prove. Him. Wrong.

Again

Post Trump’s own statements and demand others to prove him wrong.

Trump made the claims regarding DeSantis. Unless they’re fake quotes then it’s fair to ask why is now RDS a rotten governor governing a failed state? I can speculate the reason he changed his opinion was because he believes that RDS owes him some loyalty that he isn’t giving.

But Trump did praise Florida and DeSantis at one time, moved there while he was governor, and only recently changed his position

Demanding someone to  prove all that wrong is really odd

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

One has to be a really committed Trump shill to be wasting such a wonderful Sunday regurgitating Trump lies on this thread.  I hope the 20 pieces of silver is worth it.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
One has to be a really committed Trump shill to be wasting such a wonderful Sunday regurgitating Trump lies on this thread.  I hope the 20 pieces of silver is worth it.

Which reminds me .... It is a beautiful sunny day here.  I might as well enjoy the back yard, prune roses and feed the birds (ya and the darn squirrels).
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LMAO

No, apparently you are not.  Aging population has absolutely nothing to do with it.  People are fleeing because blue states continue to raise taxes and housing costs are no longer affordable.  FL has a housing crisis because they can't build houses and especially apartments quick enough. I live here @Right_in_Virginia  I can see what's going on.  Prices are going up because there are so many moving here. Cost of materials to build houses since Brandon has become prez have gone up. DeSantis has no control over what Brandon does.

It is still cheaper to buy houses here than it is in CT, NY, NJ, CA, etc.  Those that have been residents are struggling because of the influx.  So, you expect DeSantis to dictate what builders can charge for houses or what sellers can ask for the price of their home???

Again, stop looking through Orange colored glasses and stop believing some of the b.s. tweets that you believe to be gospel truth.

From July 2021-July 2022, nearly 444,500 people moved to Florida, which compared to the previous year was a gain of 185,000, the largest year-over-year impact of residents moving.

BTW if Trump doesn't like FL or our governor, he should move.  Quite simple.  He's going after him with lies (his usual) and back pedaling (as usual) on what he previously said about the state and our governor.   Why?  He's threatened  ... you go right along with him as you know he's a threat, otherwise you wouldn't continue your Trumpian attacks on DeSantis.

Next.  :seeya:

Yup

https://tampabayedc.com/news/how-many-people-moved-to-florida-this-past-year/

Having nearly a half a million people moving to e state in one year creates many challenges. We’ll see in the longer term how that’s dealt with but it takes a while to build a house

That would make Florida too crowded for my tastes. Were do Floridians go if they want to get away from people? The Everglades?

BTW, back in the 60’s and 70’s, people fled to California. I lived in N Minnesota at the time and we knew several families that left for CA

« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 08:10:55 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

No, apparently you are not.  Aging population has absolutely nothing to do with it.  People are fleeing because blue states continue to raise taxes and housing costs are no longer affordable.  FL has a housing crisis because they can't build houses and especially apartments quick enough. I live here @Right_in_Virginia  I can see what's going on.  Prices are going up because there are so many moving here. Cost of materials to build houses since Brandon has become prez have gone up. DeSantis has no control over what Brandon does.

It is still cheaper to buy houses here than it is in CT, NY, NJ, CA, etc.  Those that have been residents are struggling because of the influx.  So, you expect DeSantis to dictate what builders can charge for houses or what sellers can ask for the price of their home???

Again, stop looking through Orange colored glasses and stop believing some of the b.s. tweets that you believe to be gospel truth.

From July 2021-July 2022, nearly 444,500 people moved to Florida, which compared to the previous year was a gain of 185,000, the largest year-over-year impact of residents moving.

BTW if Trump doesn't like FL or our governor, he should move.  Quite simple.  He's going after him with lies (his usual) and back pedaling (as usual) on what he previously said about the state and our governor.   Why?  He's threatened  ... you go right along with him as you know he's a threat, otherwise you wouldn't continue your Trumpian attacks on DeSantis.

Exactly right!  And as far as construction goes, Florida is doing it much, much better than places like NY - where Trump was a real estate developer, btw - so the shortage of supply is due to the intense demand caused by people moving to Florida.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

5 years is an enternity in politics, and you know it.   You've gotten desperate.

Not to MAGA  wink777

Offline Kamaji

Offline berdie

You said this far better than I could have.

I see these things in Tx as well, with the influx of people from other states. Even in the small town I live in, with the advent of telecommuting, the influx of people have created a shortage of rental property. And housing prices in all areas have soared. I thought about moving to Dallas to be closer to relatives...fugeddit about it.

But I fail to see what that has to do with the governor of the state or the mayor of the city. It's has to do with the free market...as it should. This is a pretty weak claim against DeSantis, imho.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Whatever @libertybele   While you've probably spent a lot of time on your post, I simply do not have the time or inclination to wade through so much  :bs:   --- yet again. 

I hope you enjoy your evening.

Offline LMAO

“Florida has consistently been the top location for millions of Americans’ spring breaks and summer vacations, but in recent years it’s also become one of their most preferred destinations to move to. For more than a decade, Florida has remained the top destination for Americans leaving their home state.

This trend was exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic, both because of the work from home craze that’s allowed employees to live in a different state than their employer and general favorability for the state’s aversion to lockdown restrictions.

The mass influx to the Sunshine State has been happening long before the pandemic. Between July 2019 and July 2020, more than 252,000 people moved to Florida, marking the fifth consecutive year that the state held the top spot for net migration. Even before COVID, nearly two-thirds of Florida residents migrated to the state, with one-fifth coming from a foreign country.

But from April 2020 to April 2021, almost 330,000 people moved to Florida, equal to roughly 903 people moving to the state each day.”

https://jamesmadison.org/why-are-people-moving-to-florida/

It appears the only people who think Florida sucks are Charlie Crist, the DNC, and Trump :silly:

Barry Goldwater

Offline berdie

Whatever @libertybele   While you've probably spent a lot of time on your post, I simply do not have the time or inclination to wade through so much  :bs:   --- yet again. 

This argument is not my circus and not my monkey....but is definitely, without a doubt, one of the funniest I have ever read on this site.

Offline LMAO

And there’s more

https://www.voanews.com/a/7002666.html

ORLANDO, FLORIDA —
Florida is the fastest-growing state in America for the first time since 1957, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. The population in the southeastern state, which is known for its warm weather and sandy beaches, now tops 22 million.”

So a terribly run state is the fastest growing state. Do MAGAs now understand  why it’s hard to take Trump seriously, anymore? Do they care?

If my house was falling apart, unsafe to live in, and my neighborhood was a disaster, I would move. Complaining about how terrible a state is with a terrible governor, but moving to that state while that governor is in charge while  praising that state and governor not that terribly long ago, and then not moving out of it when you complain about it is actually quite comical.

It is absolutely imperative that we get a hell of a lot more candidates in the GOP primary, and they need to go after him hard for his record on Covid, spending, and his plans for the future, along with statements like this. Force him to have his meltdowns. His candidacy is a disaster in the making.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 09:25:44 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

Prove him wrong.

Been doing that here for seven years now.  But none of that ever gets through to you.  It is as if truth doesn't matter to you.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

The “prove him wrong” statement iwas odd.  I didn’t know what I was being asked to prove? That Trump made those statements praising DeSantis at one time? That those statements by Trump were accurate?

It was almost like one of those “Trump said that Ron DeSantis beats his kids. Prove Trump wrong.”

If you are expecting a rational discussion from those engaging in such irrational arguments, you will be disappointed.  There is zero difference between arguing with @Right_in_Virginia and arguing with a Democrat.  None.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Florida is the fastest-growing state in America for the first time since 1957, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

And it is not just blue states either.  People from red states are moving there as well.  I have some close friends I've known in Atlanta for over 20 years, and they packed up shop and moved themselves and their business to Jacksonville.  They absolutely love DeSantis.

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline LMAO

And it is not just blue states either.  People from red states are moving there as well.  I have some close friends I've known in Atlanta for over 20 years, and they packed up shop and moved themselves and their business to Jacksonville.  They absolutely love DeSantis.

So they don’t accept Trump’s assessment of Florida? wink777

If Trump had simply made a statement about housing prices going up in Florida, he would be right, but there’s a context that would be missing

But he didn’t do that. He basically describe a Third World country under DeSantis. So the  mocking he’s getting is well deserved.

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

How about wading through these, @Right_in_Virginia :

"[ I ] have a lot of confidence in Ron DeSantis, a lot of faith in Ron Desantis to make the right decision."

"He's been doing a great job and working very hard."

"He's a great governor.  He's done an incredible job."

"He's doing a great job as governor."

"He's been a fantastic governor for Florida.  They are very happy with him."

"One of the greatest governors in our country.  And I know a lot of good ones.  And I can tell you there are some really bad ones, too.  But this is a great one - Governor Ron DeSantis."

"Were in a place called 'Florida' and we have a great governor."

"Great governor, knows exactly what he is doing."

"Governor of Florida Ron DeSantis has done a spectacular job in Florida."

"[DeSantis] enjoys very high popularity, and that's for a reason.  The reason is he's doing a good job."

"He's done a lot of things right."

-Donald J. Trump-

So, was Trump lying then?  Or is he lying now?  Which one is it?

Online Hoodat

ROLLING STONE: Trump advisor says regarding Ron DeSantis: "Team Trump doesn't want to just beat him. Team Trump wants to humiliate him maybe more than they've ever wanted to humiliate anybody on a national stage"

Yet another thing that Donald Trump has in common with Democrats.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump

That is what I'm thinking.  The more he acts like this, the less likely people will vote for him. I'm not and I mean it.  To me he is still a Democrat.

im still convinced that it was the denocrats who got the donny elected.

they knew hillary wouldnt be.... and worked to help CHOOSE her opponent....... starting with voting for him in the open  primaries.

id doubt that he knew what was up.......

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
RiV has made one statement that had merit to me of late, She rightfully pointed out that Ron did pass Red Flag Laws that I don't agree with in one thread, but then she ignored the stuff Trump had said/done... Having to wade through 95% of her posts (half or more of which are from leftist or Rino sources) to gleam 5% of honesty grates on me (I do appreciate the 5% though, one needs to see flaws of all candidates)... But that is politics when dealing with fanboys.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

So once again you run instead debating, just like Trump hit and run.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

https://twitter.com/JoelWeingart_/status/1650148245924900864

The problem with putting on a show where your "pride" comes first is the line of destruction the tornado does on others in the path that you can't turn off. For years Trump has churned out poison on so many folks (often good conservatives) that it has left a path of blood that has not healed because Trump is too bitter to even try.

I pray America can use proper discernment this time around... Otherwise not only will we be looking at an election with two highly unpopular candidates (Like Hilary and Trump) to (Biden vs Trump)... How we get to this point spiting out good proven candidates just reels my head. Trump's pride got us a Shelby Rino clone in our state instead of a proven conservative (Mo Brooks).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 10:12:17 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
That makes me sick to my stomach....

The Donny learned his trade from none other that MOB LAWYER ROY COHN

Roy Cohn goes back to New York and reinvents himself. He was someone who invented a position for himself that I don't think exists anymore, and that's the person on the bridge between the illegitimate world and the legitimate world. He's literally the lawyer for mafia dons in mid century. He's also a very respected political fixer. By leveraging his unique position as the connector person between crime bosses and political bosses, he was able to reign as Pope in the most powerful city in the world.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a29177110/wheres-my-roy-cohn-matt-tyrnauer-donald-trump-interview/