Author Topic: Trump Bashes DeSantis, Says Florida 'Continues to Tumble Into Complete and Total...Destruction  (Read 7490 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Any Floridians want to chip in on how horrible it is to live there?

Trump Bashes DeSantis, Says Florida 'Continues to Tumble Into Complete and Total Delinquency and Destruction

Throughout the pandemic conservatives (and even disaffected Democrats and independents) vacationed in and moved to the “Free State of Florida” in record numbers, attracted to relatively affordable housing and, well, freedom. Donald Trump spends the vast majority of his time there, escaping the New York winters, over-taxation, and politically-motivated, unscrupulous prosecutors. But according to an email he sent out Friday, the state is a hellhole.

Atop the email was this statement from Steven Cheung, Trump’s campaign spokesman.

The real DeSantis record is one of misery and despair. He has left a wake of destruction all across Florida and people are hurting because he has spent more time playing public relations games instead of actually doing the hard-work needed to improve the lives of the people he represents.”

Then the main portion of the email begins:

While Ron DeSantis engages in a weeks-long shadow campaign for president boasting his playbook, Florida continues to tumble into complete and total delinquency and destruction....

https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2023/04/21/trump-bashes-desantis-says-florida-continues-to-tumble-into-complete-and-total-delinquency-and-destruction-n734997

I figure this is pretty good stuff.  With this attack and some others, he's basically made it so that DeSantis has to run now or he'll look like he's running away from a fight.  So hopefully, DeSantis will just go scorched earth and not hold back.  At the least, it could make for an entertaining primary, because I don't really have much hope that 2024 is going to be a good year for conservatives.  So we might as well enjoy the ride if the destination is going to suck.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 04:25:22 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

Well, that settles it

Trump should move back to New York City where life is better
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

Well, that settles it

Trump should move back to New York City where life is better

That is what I'm thinking.  The more he acts like this, the less likely people will vote for him. I'm not and I mean it.  To me he is still a Democrat.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Narratives of sweeping generalities and cherry picked facts.

Sounds like the propaganda tactics of the Rats.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
I wish Trump fought Fauci and Pfizer like he fights DeSantis.
9:55 PM · Apr 21, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline kevindavis007

Narratives of sweeping generalities and cherry picked facts.

Sounds like the propaganda tactics of the Rats.

Well, technically he still is.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So Trump is using Democrat talking points to smear DeSantis.  Color me surprised.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline cato potatoe

Donald spotted at the beach today

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FTA:

Throughout the pandemic conservatives (and even disaffected Democrats and independents) vacationed in and moved to the “Free State of Florida” in record numbers, attracted to relatively affordable housing and, well, freedom.

Really? During the pandemic?

Alex Bruesewitz
@alexbruesewitz

Florida population growth year over year since the year 2000.

As you can tell by the data, DeSantis is nothing special.

Florida has been growing & trending red for decades.

11:02 AM · Apr 22, 2023

Really?  Affordable Housing?

Friendly reminder:. Florida hasn't elected a democrat governor since 1994. (Came *damn* close in 2018 though)

Offline kevindavis007

FTA:

Really? During the pandemic?

Really?  Affordable Housing?

Three words:

Supply and Demand

Offline cato potatoe

Well yeah, 2018 was close.  DeSantis was tied to the idiot in the White House.  Republicans lost six governors, 41 house seats, and 69% of senate races.

ICYMI ----

- April 21, 2023 -

The Real Ron DeSantis Playbook

"The real DeSantis record is one of misery and despair. He has left a wake of destruction all across Florida and people are hurting because he has spent more time playing public relations games instead of actually doing the hard-work needed to improve the lives of the people he represents." - Steven Cheung, spokesperson

Mar-a-Lago, FL— While Ron DeSantis engages in a weeks-long shadow campaign for president boasting his playbook, Florida continues to tumble into complete and total delinquency and destruction.

On DeSantis’ watch, Florida has become one of the least affordable states to live in the country.

In his first term as Florida governor, Ron DeSantis raised taxes on Floridians by more than $1.5 billion.

The National Low Income Housing Coalition estimates that a Floridian making $10 an hour must work 86 hours per week just to afford rent on a modest single bedroom home in Florida.

The cost of living in south Florida shot up 10% in just the last year alone, the highest increase by far in years, while the national average was only 6.5%.

Home prices skyrocketed in Miami by 32% last year, and by 34% in Tampa.

According to a 2023 SmartAsset study, the Orlando metropolitan area was the 10th most expensive to live comfortably in the nation. Miami closely followed, as the 12th most expensive metropolitan area and Tampa also made the list, as the 16th most expensive.

Florida is now the fourth-most expensive state in the country for healthcare, and has the highest annual car insurance premiums in the nation.

While nearly half of the gas stations in Miami and Fort Lauderdale are without fuel, those Floridians lucky enough to find a gas station with fuel will be paying a stiff premium.

Florida ranks in the 10 most expensive states in the continental United States for fuel prices, and in 2023, Florida imposed a new hike on fuel purchases.

On Education, Florida ranked #39 in Health and Safety, #50 in Affordability, and #30 in Education and Childcare.

Under Ron DeSantis, Florida has become among the worst states…

To Live: In April 2023, Money Inc cited Florida’s failing education system and above average poverty rate in its list of 20 Worst States to Live in America.

To Find Economic Opportunity: Florida ranked 36th in Economic Opportunity, according to U.S. News.

To Work: An Oxfam report had Florida at 29th in their Best and Worst States to Work rankings.

To Retire: Florida ranked 26th in elder abuse protections, and was the worst state in the country for resources related to elder abuse protections.

To Raise a Family: In 2023, WalletHub marked Florida as one of the worst states in the nation to raise a family—ranking 32nd. Within that survey, Florida ranked 50th in Affordability, 30th in Education and Child Care, and 39th in Health and Safety. In 2022, Florida ranked 39th, among the worst states in the nation to raise a family.

To Pay Taxes: Florida is the third-worst state for fair taxes in the nation, according to a 2020 study.

To Be Safe: In WalletHub’s October 2022 rankings of safest states to live, Florida came in at the bottom, ranking 44th out of 50. According to the study, Florida ranked 44th in workplace safety, 46th in roadway safety, and 25th in financial safety, and 34th in personal safety.

To Rent a Home: Median rent prices shot up 30% from 2020 to 2022, with more than 2 million Floridians spending more than 30% of their income on housing, alone.

To Have A Baby: Florida ranked 42nd in the Best States to Have a Baby, 44th most to have a baby, 37th in Healthcare, and 39th as one of the nation’s least family friendly states.

To Afford Energy: Florida ranked 38th in energy affordability, with the 4th most expensive monthly electricity costs of any state ($158) and 11th most expensive monthly natural gas costs ($82).

To Die: ESPN wrote that Florida is the Worst State in The Nation To Die, citing the fact that Florida has the fewest Medicare providers per capita of any state. Reminder: DeSantis voted to cut Social Security and Medicare, and raise the eligibility age to receive benefits.

To Be a Teacher: In 2022, Florida was the 3rd worst state in the nation for teacher pay.

To Be a Doctor: Florida ranked 37th on the list of Best States for Doctors, namely due to Florida’s failing medical environment.

To Be a Police Officer: Florida came in at the bottom of the list, placing 36th in the rankings for best states to serve as a police officer.

For Millennials: Florida ranked among the worst states in the nation for millennials (37th)—placing in the bottom 10 states for education and health.

For Working Dads: Florida ranked 36th on the list of Best and Worst States for Working Dads, marking 46th in the category of economic and social well-being.

For Working Moms: Florida placed 26th in the ranking for Best and Worst States for Working Moms.

Paid for by Donald J. Trump for President 2024, Inc

Offline cato potatoe

Last year was the first time since 1957 that Florida led the country in population growth.  And more important than the topline number is who was moving to the state.  Voter registration has shifted dramatically since 2018.

Thanks for posting Trump’s cut-and-paste democrat lies in here.  RIV you are a piece of work.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 10:01:36 pm by cato potatoe »

Well yeah, 2018 was close.  DeSantis was tied to the idiot in the White House.

You've got it exactly backwards. (Video)

https://youtu.be/z1YP_zZJFXs

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline cato potatoe

You've got it exactly backwards. (Video)

This did not help in the general election.  DeSantis was mocked for it.  Trump was a turnout machine for Gillum.  Democrats made headway in the downticket races also. 

Offline libertybele

Friendly reminder:. Florida hasn't elected a democrat governor since 1994. (Came *damn* close in 2018 though)

@Right_in_Virginia, so what truly is your point?  I've been here 32 years and during that time we also had Crist, who was one of the worst RINO governors; who by the way Trump supported.  Lawton Chiles was governor when we moved here; he was a member of what was termed the "good ole boys" and the corruption was unbelievable.  Jeb! took them by surprise and obviously he wasn't exactly conservative but a few notches up from Chiles.  Scott was corrupt in his own way (though never proven) and sold us down the river on the 2A as governor and broke promises that were made to many on the state pension plan.

In terms of governors, Ron DeSantis so far is the absolute best and most conservative governor FL has seen in the 32 years I've lived here.

Enough is enough. Please, ditch your Trumpian like attacks on DeSantis and give him some credit, because he has absolutely earned it.

BTW you might want to take a look and realize that Florida was a strongly Democratic state before the Civil War, electing only one candidate from the Whig Party (the Democrats' chief opposition at the time). It elected three Republican governors following Reconstruction, but after the Democratic Party re-established control, 90 years passed before voters chose another Republican.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_governors_of_Florida

If this causes you to put me on ignore, Go For It!   
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 10:14:46 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

I don’t live in Florida but my sister does. She’s not a democrat or a republican but she did  vote for Ron DeSantis in 2022.

For those Briefers here that live in Florida, is it the “California of the South” that Donald Trump is describing? I mean the guy won reelection by 20 points carrying traditionally blue areas of the state.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

I don’t live in Florida but my sister does. She’s not a democrat or a republican but she did  vote for Ron DeSantis in 2022.

For those Briefers here that live in Florida, is it the “California of the South” that Donald Trump is describing? I mean the guy won reelection by 20 points carrying traditionally blue areas of the state.

I live in FL.  We've had hundreds of thousands move here since DeSantis took office.  What is coming out of Trump's mouth about DeSantis and our state are lies.

(See my comment up thread to @Right_in_Virginia)

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

I live in FL.  We've had hundreds of thousands move here since DeSantis took office.  What is coming out of Trump's mouth about DeSantis and our state are lies.

(See my comment up thread to @Right_in_Virginia)

If Ron DeSantis’s Florida is such terrible place to live, Trump never really explains why people are moving out of places like California or New York, and move into places like Florida and Texas

Florida is too hot and too crowded for me. I like all the lakes I get to choose from in both Minnesota, and Wisconsin to go fishing with low crowds.

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

If Ron DeSantis’s Florida is such terrible place to live, Trump never really explains why people are moving out of places like California or New York, and move into places like Florida and Texas

Florida is too hot and too crowded for me. I like all the lakes I get to choose from in both Minnesota, and Wisconsin to go fishing with low crowds.

I'm just the opposite, I enjoy the heat.  We do have fishing here, just different types of fish and some like to fish for shark.  The east coast is more crowded than the west coast, but with the influx of new residents the west coast is starting to fill up.

As a kid we used to go to Minnesota on vacation and I remember my Dad loved fishing there. 

Offline cato potatoe

I am in Pinellas County, the most densely populated, on the gulf coast.  It has some problems, but overall, the local government is well managed.  Far better than what I dealt with in Charlotte.  Things tend to work like they are supposed to.  The vast majority of transplants are from the Midwest, and none of them are in a hurry.

Offline LMAO

I am in Pinellas County, the most densely populated, on the gulf coast.  It has some problems, but overall, the local government is well managed.  Far better than what I dealt with in Charlotte.  Things tend to work like they are supposed to.  The vast majority of transplants are from the Midwest, and none of them are in a hurry.

How much of what Donald Trump is claiming is true?

Barry Goldwater