Author Topic: BuzzFeed News Shutting Down  (Read 221 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
BuzzFeed News Shutting Down
« on: April 21, 2023, 11:43:21 pm »

Forbes
Katherine Hamilton
Apr 20, 2023

BuzzFeed News, a pioneer of the digital news landscape over the past decade, will shut down, the company’s CEO said in a memo to staff Thursday morning, noting the business model of news tailored for social media had become too difficult to sustain, and the company will focus its efforts on the profitable Huffington Post going forward.

KEY FACTS
BuzzFeed CEO Jonah Peretti sent a memo to employees saying the company is “beginning the process of closing BuzzFeed News” and reducing the rest of the firm’s workforce, which includes news website Huffington Post, by 15%—the memo was first shared on Twitter by New York Times reporter Ben Mullin.

Buzzfeed News, which won a Pulitzer Prize for international reporting in 2021, is being shuttered due to revenue problems, Peretti explained, saying he “overinvested” in BuzzFeed News even though the site didn’t have the “financial support required to support premium, free journalism.”

(more)
https://www.forbes.com/sites/katherinehamilton/2023/04/20/buzzfeed-news-shutting-down/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: BuzzFeed News Shutting Down
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 12:05:34 am »
Such a shame.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.