Author Topic: House Homeland Security Committee Grills Mayorkas, Sets Case for Impeachment  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
House Homeland Security Committee Grills Mayorkas, Sets Case for Impeachment

PUBLISHED:  Fri, APR 21st 2023 @ 1:06 pm EDT
Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas testified before the House Homeland Security Committee Wednesday, where Republicans laid the groundwork for the Secretary's impeachment.

Chairman of the committee, Mark Green (R-Tenn.), even went as far as accusing the Cabinet official of high crimes and misdemeanors. According to the New York Times, Rep. Green had announced his plans to begin the impeachment process to a group of donors last week. Green made sure to follow through with his promise right off the bat.

In his opening statement, the Congressman lambasted Sec. Mayorkas for stating in a previous House hearing on April 28, 2022, that the Biden Admin. had "operational control" of the border. "Operational control" is a quantifiable term first defined in the 2006 Secure Fence Act.

Representative Green opened:

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/house-homeland-security-committee-grills-mayorkas-sets-case-impeachment
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
As we have seen many times already, same shiite, just a different day, of trying to lynch a previous President.  Many recent Democrat Presidents have done far worse, and walked away scott free.  Democrats have demanded a one party rule,like Communists nations often had.  Amazing how brain washed blind fools can't tell the difference.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions